458 socom.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shot some does with mine. Definitely a novelty item imo. 325gr Hornady red tips will devastate any doe though lol. I've only reloaded, never bought any factory. I've got hundreds and hundreds of .458 bullets for other cartridges so I figured I might as well venture out and try a SOCOM a few years ago.

I'm on the same page....it'll hunt just about anything, but it's more of a novelty for me and I already had a bunch of 458 projectiles from the 458 Lott and 45-70.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm on the same page....it'll hunt just about anything, but it's more of a novelty for me and I already had a bunch of 458 projectiles from the 458 Lott and 45-70.
I just knew you couldn't resist dropping that into a thread in front of me ;)

But yeah, I've got so many 458 cal stuff that Socom was fine. I like big stuff for the giggles of it. I do need to order brass to make some more boolits though.

405curtis

Marksman
Reaction score
Shot some does with mine. Definitely a novelty item imo. 325gr Hornady red tips will devastate any doe though lol. I've only reloaded, never bought any factory. I've got hundreds and hundreds of .458 bullets for other cartridges so I figured I might as well venture out and try a SOCOM a few years agago.
U dropped a dear with a 458? Or watched a video? I consider everything that sits in my safe a novelty item... not gonna have time to punch them buttons when it comes down to it... definitely have a night stand xds 9 for pp.. considered going back to a 45.. to prevent room travel of the projectile...

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
U dropped a dear with a 458? Or watched a video? I consider everything that sits in my safe a novelty item... not gonna have time to punch them buttons when it comes down to it... definitely have a night stand xds 9 for pp.. considered going back to a 45.. to prevent room travel of the projectile...
Killed deer with it

Latest posts

Top Bottom