45th Infantry Museum, OKC- outside tour

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That museum is awesome, both outdoors and indoors, should be a field trip for all children. I also like the Stafford Space Museum in Weatherford, Although the 45th Infantry Museum is much better. They actually had a decommissioned Mk IV H bomb at the Stafford Museum and a Mig!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's been a while since visiting either Ft. Sill or 45th but both were exceptional. My FIL (an old cannon cocker on an 8", both towed and self-propelled) was stationed there before leaving for Korea in early 50's.
IMO, Ft. Sill has more Indian related items, ie; Geronimo's Trap Door Springfield and Colt .45, etc.
The old stockade basement where he was held plus some original barracks that now house museum items, along with a fairly new building were all accessible.
I've heard Key gate off I-44 service road is closed to visitors and now must access thru Main gate on Ft. Sill Blvd. Regardless, it's worth the effort to see. Lotsa ordnance (both ours & foreign) sitting around on cannoneer's walk. But after all, it is an artillery post...

If anyone wants to see what is there, check out the link to Fort Sill's artillery museum in my previous post. After touring some inside, I went out to take pictures of all the various "guns" outside. It was May of 2014, and I was out long enough to suffer some from the heat. I did get pictures of most everything outside at the time. Sadly, a lot of the "description plaques" outside had been faded badly by the elements, so many were unreadable.

Latest posts

Top Bottom