5.11 Holster Shirt V-Neck Review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoplophobia

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I purchased two 5.11 Holster Shirt V-Neck's mostly to see if it was realistic as a concept for deep concealment. One was ordered in black in large, and one white in large.

-Color: If you are interested in this, only order the white shirt. The black's concealment pockets under the arms are in fact not black but a bright, screaming gray under anything that is not opaque. Foolish design decision.

-Concealability: White is wonderful. I couldn't tell that I was carrying a Taurus Millennium PT 140 Pro at all. Or a spare magazine in the other underarm compartment. Not bad at all.

-Comfort: I'm hairy like a thawed cave man. So I was always hot. However, on colder days this could be just the thing. Occasional very slight itching at seams. Nothing a small scratch didn't take care of.

-Retention: DO NOT BEND OVER WITH THESE ON. The velcro is quite weak [only 2 small squares] on the pockets. Second day I was bending over doing a gardening task and my Millenium practically fell out of the pocket, and into my over shirt. Embarrassing.

-Price: Around 50.00 Sometimes less. Ouch. I got mine in a deal and ended up buying two to "take advantage" of the deal.

-Conclusion: Fine idea, but flawed execution. All black or all white is best. Contrast in concealment underclothes is bad. Hopefully they will strengthen the velcro. In a second generation with these flaws eliminated, this would be an ideal deep cover carry solution.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I have both of those also. Black and White. I find them uncomfortable enough itch wise, I wear an undershirt under them.

Also had a K frame airweight fall out of the pocket as the OP did. Although I have on occasion carried my G19 in it without discomfort, it did feel less secure than lighter guns.

Works when I am not wearing something conducive to other methods, but not a primary by a long shot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom