6.5CM loading tips

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So my wife won a new Savage Apex in 6.5CM from a raffle on Friday, and I've never loaded for one. I ordered brass and dies today, plus a box of.bullets I want to try in one of my 6.5 rifles. I have 3 other 6.5 cal guns, being a 260 Rem, 6.5x55 and a 6.5-06. I have several powders that should work in the CM, and this one will probably be a range gun mainly. If I want a 1200 yd load, should I go for BC over velocity, or try to split the middle? I have some 123, 130 and 140 grain bullets so far. Thanks for any advice!

GunnyH

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I shoot a lot of long range and 6.5 Creedmoor. I look for a load with single digit SD's. I get GREAT down range performance with Hornaday 140 BTHP match bullets. I've tried all of the high dollar bullets from Hornaday, Sierra, Berger and the like. The more expensive bullets just don't give me a significant down range advantage so my favorite is the Hornaday match bullet. H4350 is my go to powder, I do spend the money on good brass, Lapua or Alpha. My go to primer is Federal Gold Medal Match, but also use CCI Benchrest. Lately it's been what ever I can get my hands on. My 2 cents.

Latest posts

Top Bottom