9422m aquisition

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Picked up a 1993 9244m at Wanenmacher yesterday. Nearly perfect condition. The wood is beautiful checkered walnut. The barrel is not marked XTR but this looks like XTRs I’ve ogled over the years. Does anyone know if Winchester always marked them XTR or not?

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can't help you but I have one buried in the gun safe. It is a pleasure to shoot. Mine has checkered stock and gloss blue .

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had been looking for a Marlin 94m. Saw one at the show for more than twice the $ than this one, weighed twice as much, and in half the condition. Hustled back and bought this one. Don’t think I’ll be disappointed. Will match up well with my Single Six. I’ll post a pic when I get the chance. Now to get a Skinner peep on order.

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_4231.jpeg

Here it is w/my Single Six.

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Something I found out was that Winny stopped making any distinction between plain and XTR versions in 1989. All were built the same with higher polished metal and checkered stocks after that. This one was built in 1993.

Latest posts

Top Bottom