95 Ford

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Have you always been good at fixing up trucks or did you learn a lot on this one? With how little you have in it, why would you sell it? To get another project?
Just been tinkering with things with motors since I was single digit aged. I ve fixed a whole lotta stuff by accident. My theory is that if something is broke, I probably can’t break it worse. Then, I might accidentally fix it.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is still flashing the EGR code. Tried running SeaFoam hoping it would clean out the EGR. It ran great for about 5 miles the two times I took it out this weekend, then it acted like it’s starved for fuel. I was thinking I need to go ahead and do the EGR valve. THEN, it ran great on the way to work this morning. I’m, debating on the EGR now. Really don’t want to drop another 70 bucks!

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is still flashing the EGR code. Tried running SeaFoam hoping it would clean out the EGR. It ran great for about 5 miles the two times I took it out this weekend, then it acted like it’s starved for fuel. I was thinking I need to go ahead and do the EGR valve. THEN, it ran great on the way to work this morning. I’m, debating on the EGR now. Really don’t want to drop another 70 bucks!
70 bucks ain't bad. The mechanics I have called want $700 to replace the belts on our truck. Sad part is both belts only cost around $40. I guess the expense is in the labor since they have to put it on a lift to get to the underside.

I am still trying to get the wife to stop freaking out every time I talk about just getting under it and doing it myself. :P

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
70 bucks ain't bad. The mechanics I have called want $700 to replace the belts on our truck. Sad part is both belts only cost around $40. I guess the expense is in the labor since they have to put it on a lift to get to the underside.

I am still trying to get the wife to stop freaking out every time I talk about just getting under it and doing it myself. :P
@dlbleak is your answer!

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@dlbleak is your answer!
He has his own things to deal with. I will either find a reasonable mechanic or attempt it myself. Might even find a shade tree mechanic. Job is not that hard I don't think but I do miss the days when you could tighten all the belts from the top.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He has his own things to deal with. I will either find a reasonable mechanic or attempt it myself. Might even find a shade tree mechanic. Job is not that hard I don't think but I do miss the days when you could tighten all the belts from the top.
I had a buddy replace my serpentine belt and tensioner last month, cost me like $45 and a couple beers. He's good. What vehicle do you need worked on? I could ask him, he won't do it free for you but it won't be $700.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you talking about your pathfinder? What's wrong with the belts? One belt is brand new.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you talking about your pathfinder? What's wrong with the belts? One belt is brand new.
Yes it is the Pathfinder. One belt squeals bad when you start. Mostly in the morning but it is getting worse and starting to do it at other times. Pretty sure it is just slipping because belt dressing will quite it down for a bit. Only reason I have not tried tightening it, is because all the videos I find say you have to remove a cover and tighten from under the car. Every mechanic I have talked to has tried to sell me new belts or something else.

I know my O2 tank and I do not fit well under a car and my wife and doc both freak out when I try to do anything anymore, :grumble: but I use to do things like this all the time. The one mechanic I have used before and really like is not returning my calls and I believe he is to busy. Everyone else seems to be trying to take advantage of an old man I guess.

I will try the rest of this week to find someone I can pay, if not I WILL do it myself and the wife can just get over it. I have to take the wife down to Integris tomorrow for test and have to meet the inlaws at Cattlemans Wed, but I told the wife that Friday and Sat not to plan anything so I can fix the car one way or another.

Anyway back to the OP, how does the interior look on t6he 95? You may have posted pics but I missed them.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@RickN its incredibly clean for a farm truck. The seat doesn’t have any tears or stains. The dash isn’t cracked up either
6166BE02-2705-45EC-BDA8-8DC70E809206.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom