95 Ford

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might replace those vaccum hoses while the top of the intake is off. Or mark both sides with tape so it's easy to tell what's what when you have to change them later. That red one seems to always get brittle.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
You might replace those vaccum hoses while the top of the intake is off. Or mark both sides with tape so it's easy to tell what's what when you have to change them later. That red one seems to always get brittle.
Yeah, broke one end off pulling the fuel rail to check injector function. The three that aren’t chewed up are doing injector things. Sooo, may not be a PIP issue after all because they are working. Those connectors are pricey locally, $18 off of Amazon. They’ll be here Friday so I’ll do the plugs and wires and drain the rear end in the meantime. The vent hose for the rear end was broke off and could have water in it.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, broke one end off pulling the fuel rail to check injector function. The three that aren’t chewed up are doing injector things. Sooo, may not be a PIP issue after all because they are working. Those connectors are pricey locally, $18 off of Amazon. They’ll be here Friday so I’ll do the plugs and wires and drain the rear end in the meantime. The vent hose for the rear end was broke off and could have water in it.

Has your wifey named it yet? You?

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I researched and understand the oil pressure gauge on those since mine started reading slightly lower. It's not an actual gauge. It's just a switch that sends voltage if there's 3 psi present. So if the gauge moves at all, you're probably good. The sending unit switches and sends 12v to the dash where there's a resistor. Mine showing lower is probably due to a corroded connection.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Watching this thread, that poor truck has had one heck of a tough life. Reminds me of a lot of ranchers feed trucks that have to go out day after day in the worst of weather and terrain.
Everything seems to be rotten and broken.
Been down that road once. Never again. Applaud you at this stage in your life doing this restoration. 61 Ford Unibody pickup. The bed was not separate. Found on a creekbank with no engine and all the wiring cut off under the dash. Ended up a great looking truck but had to sell it for financial reasons, and I regret not having it to this day, like the 56 chevy and the 66 Ford Fairland GT 390. All sold for financial reasons.

Latest posts

Top Bottom