A fix to Oklahoma CCW law, instead of an open carry law?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tm8634

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Breaking the law on your own property is still breaking the law.

and if some feels there right to bear arms on there own property is there right why is anyone elses business, so give you alls :twocents: and move on no one is going to change my and thousands of others opionon and we are not wanting to change yours either...

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
and if some feels there right to bear arms on there own property is there right why is anyone elses business, so give you alls :twocents: and move on no one is going to change my and thousands of others opionon and we are not wanting to change yours either...

I never said it wasn't your right.

Good luck.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i wouldnt open carry myself either BUT i agree:thumbup3: with DD 110% on this one...and would like to see it pass along with more relaxed laws for property owners:thumbup3: more like texas...

Funny how some people want more property owners rights but trample on other property owners rights by ignoring private businesses that have gunbuster signs.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Missouri does not have strong states pre-emption either, unlike OK, municipalties may add additional strictures to carry in within their political boundries. I would shy away from the missouri model for now.

Oklahoma has a good ccw statute and strong state pre-emption, if you want open carry let's work on the baby step that we got screwed over on which is amending open carry to the statutes for CCW holders.

Tibbs is up for reelection this year in my district, I am of 2 minds about voting for her, I don't know if she moved open carry out of the public safety committee since it was an election year or if she did it because it was the right thing to do.

I am not saying that we ditch our law in its entirety and adopt MOs law. We should take the best parts from MO and adopt them here. Why shouldn't OK be the leader in having the best carry law? As far as open carry, it does not really appeal to me, but being able to carry on my business without worrying about the gray areas (state fair, etc.) really does.

OC law like AZ, property protection laws like TX, and carry anywhere laws like MO. Just think how sweet that would be.

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not saying that we ditch our law in its entirety and adopt MOs law. We should take the best parts from MO and adopt them here. Why shouldn't OK be the leader in having the best carry law? As far as open carry, it does not really appeal to me, but being able to carry on my business without worrying about the gray areas (state fair, etc.) really does.

OC law like AZ, property protection laws like TX, and carry anywhere laws like MO. Just think how sweet that would be.

I like the Texas law on gun buster signs. They require large clear standardized signs. I think that a lot of business that now post would probably not put them up.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A few questions if you don't mind

Can you tell me where in the Okla sda law it talks about accidental exposure as brandishing? where it mentions printing?
The only thing I can find is a prohibition on intentional display (title 21 :1290.7 item #5)
Although in the sda course book it says Flashing, brandishing, pointing or intentional displaying constitutes force (when deciding whether to react)

Is this really a problem or just a bunch of hype?
Has anybody on here had their license suspended or revoked for it?
The only people I hear getting worked up about it are here on OSA.

The way the law reads it says concealed means "carried hidden from detection and view of another person" for Okla residents and "fully concealed from detection and view" for non-residents. I don't quite understand the different wording except to hassle non-res. license holders or a typo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom