A fix to Oklahoma CCW law, instead of an open carry law?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my opinion, anyone who considers Heller and McDonald as "wins" for the Second Amendment should really rethink what position they are taking before they say "shall not be infringed."

I see that there is at least one among us that understands that Heller may very well have (and IMO has) opened the door to greater restrictions on our right to keep and bear arms than fewer.

HELLER was not a win.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got this email a while back and am forwarding it as useful information. If any of these people are in your district, you may want to pay special attention.
The text below are not my own words, and are coped verbatim from the email I received. I am reproducing them for informational purposes only.
____________TEXT OF MAIL I RECVD_____________________
Here's the deal - the open carry bill passed by veto proof majorities in both houses. But after Governor Brad "Veto Happy" Henry vetoed the bill, 15 representatives changed their vote or refused to vote at all for the bill!

It's one thing for a legislator to stand up and vote anti-gun - that's at least honest.

But its a whole 'nother thing to play games and tricks with the people's right to arms - to hide your vote, duck your vote, and otherwise shirk their duty to take a stand and cast a recorded vote.

Adding insult to injury, incredibly, Representative Glenn Bud Smithson (D-Sallisaw) called open carry supporters COWARDS, see
http://newsok.com/open-carry-weapon...article/3459027?custom_click=lead_story_title, but then turned around and REFUSED to even stand up and cast a vote on the veto override matter!

TURNCOATs - Changed Vote from YEA on original vote to NAY on override vote -
Auffet ( D) [email protected] (405) 557-7394
Carey (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7366
Glenn (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7399
Hoskin (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7319
Inman (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7370
Luttrell (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7355
Rousselot (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7388
Shoemake (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7373

AWOLs- PRESENT BUT DID NOT VOTE -
Buck (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7383
Hilliard (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7412
Kirby (R) [email protected] (405) 557-7356
Morgan (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7368
Morrissette (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7404
Nations (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7323
Smithson (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7315

[Voting record and contact information can be found at http://www.ok.gov]
__________END TEXT____________________________________________

oklaccer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know how many of you are on opencarry.org, but it is a great resource for open carry issues and laws in the states. I travel a lot and use the site for staying current with the laws of the places I visit. I have open carried in many other states and have never had an issue with LE or the general population. If you want to change the laws of Oklahoma to reduce or eliminate the chance of getting arrested/ticketed/harassed by an inadvertent showing, change the definition of concealed carry to something like "concealed, in whole or in part". With wording like that, even something as skinny as a belt covering part of your carry weapon would comply with the "concealed" definition. As much of your weapon as you want could still show, as long as part of it was out of sight.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know how many of you are on opencarry.org, but it is a great resource for open carry issues and laws in the states. I travel a lot and use the site for staying current with the laws of the places I visit. I have open carried in many other states and have never had an issue with LE or the general population. If you want to change the laws of Oklahoma to reduce or eliminate the chance of getting arrested/ticketed/harassed by an inadvertent showing, change the definition of concealed carry to something like "concealed, in whole or in part". With wording like that, even something as skinny as a belt covering part of your carry weapon would comply with the "concealed" definition. As much of your weapon as you want could still show, as long as part of it was out of sight.

That sounds like a great idea.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

That wouldn't work as you are suggesting. To conceal something is to render it indiscernible by the ordinary public.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If we just want to modify the existing SDA:

How about we can take our jacket-cover garment off in the car? That would be a start. You are in technical violation (my understanding) otherwise.

Oh... lets change the SDA to allow residents to roll-over to non resident in case we have to move out of state some day. 10 years is a nice option and makes a lot of sense if we'd get that simple oversight cleared up.

Those 34 other states just don't seem to have much trouble with open carry. In OK I'd expect to see the same results...
Most folks just would not notice... and the fact is ... outside the OKC or Tulsa Metro there just ARE NOT many folks TO notice if a person is strapped or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom