A Good Starter Kit for Reloading

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oklahomabuilder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm looking to get started in the world of reloading. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good reloading kit to get started with. To start, I'll probably be working with 9mm and .45 rounds but expanding to others once I get these down pretty well. Any suggestions for good starting kits and any accessories necessary would be much appreciated.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
it really depends on what you are wanting to reload. RCBS has a great kit but it does not include a trimmer. Not a huge deal if you don't plan on reloading rifle cases. Another great kit is the Lyman Turret kit. It can come with a digital scale and trimmer. Really cant go wrong with either kit. All you really need to add would be a good set of calipers and your caliber specific parts.

Go ahead and get a couple of books also. and Read, Read Read Every reloader should have multiple books!

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a beginner and just got a Dillon Square Deal B and it is working great. I got it setup for both 9mm and .45 acp.

You can't go wrong with Dillon.

MA

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a beginner and just got a Dillon Square Deal B and it is working great. I got it setup for both 9mm and .45 acp.

You can't go wrong with Dillon.

MA

A GREAT choice in presses but.. To keep out possible confusion to a reloading noob ..... this is not a kit. If you go this route you will need to know that it is pretty much only good for the caliber that you buy it in and you will need to add a book. caliper and scale before you get started

Madpap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I started reloading about 8 months ago and not knowing any better I got by as cheap as I could. I've spent the last two months replacing everything with quality equipment. Point being, get the best you can afford and buy it once. I now have the Lyman T-Mag turret, a very good starter kit, and Hornady LNL AP, a very good and nicely priced progressive. Get a quality set of scales and calipers. But start by buying and reading one or more reloading manuals. They will tell you what you need to know. Good luck, you're in very good company here and can get alot of needed help.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know you normally get what you pay for but is the Lee Anniversary Kit any good for some one just beginning in reloading?

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Start with a reloading manual.
Read the sections on reloading, not all the data/formula stuff.
The data/formula stuff comes in when you're actually relaoding.
The reloading section shows step by step how to reload, thus showing you what you need.

Then decide how much do you want to spend?

By the way here is the low end of the business.

http://www.leeprecision.com/cgi/catalog/browse.cgi?1263326098.3626=/html/catalog/cleeloader.html

Works fine, but slow.
My brother only reloads for his marlin in 45-70.
He uses this.
Makes real nice rounds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom