A legal question concerning my rights to carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveTec

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am a CCW Liscense holder. Are there any rules about how many guns I can carry at one given time? For example, can I have a .45 IWB and a .380 in my pocket as a BUG?

I haven't read anything to the contrary and thought I'd ask the resident experts.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Several years ago the SDA read " a pistol, a revolver, or a derringer".

The wording was changed in response to just such a question.

Michael Brown

This is the section I find that pertains to what you are licensed to carry. It doesn't say only one. I presume the lack of specificity means as many as you want.

As used in Sections 1 through 26 of this act:

1. Concealed handgun means a loaded or unloaded pistol carried hidden from the detection and view of another person either upon or about the person, in a purse or other container belonging to the person, or in a vehicle which is operated by the person or in which the person is riding as a passenger; and

2. Pistol means any derringer, revolver or semiautomatic firearm which:

a. has an overall length of less that sixteen (16) inches and is able to be fully concealed from detection and view,

b. is capable of discharging a projectile composed of any material which may reasonably be expected to be able to cause lethal injury,

c. is designed to be held and fired by the use of a single hand, and d. uses either gunpowder, gas or any means of rocket propulsion to discharge the projectile.

wlcharm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
New Mexico is the only state I know of that says you can only carry one!!!

"In New Mexico, licensees can only carry one concealed handgun at any time. It is legal to carry more than one firearm. However, only one firearm may be concealed on your person at a time. This restriction does not apply to firearms carried in your vehicles, on or off your person."

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/newmexico.pdf

Latest posts

Top Bottom