A little Brno ZKM 611 .22WMR show and tell...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtngunr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was 20 or so years ago and I don't remember what model it was.
You might be thinking of a CZ-511, which was discontinued circa 2006, or the CZ-512 introduced circa 2010, neither of which are Brno proper, different factories in the case of the 511, and Brno essentially gone/absorbed by early 2000s, the cheaper made 611A actually dates from that time, a CZ effort on a cheaper version and only lasting a few years with sleeved rear sight/forearm-hangar/recoil-spring seat, and where trigger was moved fwd (with perhaps more standard trigger sear/hammer notches)...the 611A stuff was sold off to another company who did a really crude and even cheaper version.

All of which why in my original post I advised folk stick with the original 611.

mtngunr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting. I knew CZ/BRNO does a lot of bolt action .22 rifles, but I didn’t know about this one.
This semi-auto gun predates the CZ takeover in original 611 version, the 611A a post-takeover version, I believe the old 511 made from (maybe) circa 1964 to 2006 was originally a Brno design by the same brothers, but was produced at what became the CZ factory (with likely changes)....the 611 was the last Brno/brothers effort at a .22WMR semi-auto. If there seems a lot of crossover and confusion in names, it is because both were originally state arms factories of circa half a dozen, only what became CZ surviving to modern times.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You might be thinking of a CZ-511, which was discontinued circa 2006, or the CZ-512 introduced circa 2010, neither of which are Brno proper, different factories in the case of the 511, and Brno essentially gone/absorbed by early 2000s, the cheaper made 611A actually dates from that time, a CZ effort on a cheaper version and only lasting a few years with sleeved rear sight/forearm-hangar/recoil-spring seat, and where trigger was moved fwd (with perhaps more standard trigger sear/hammer notches)...the 611A stuff was sold off to another company who did a really crude and even cheaper version.

All of which why in my original post I advised folk stick with the original 611.
It was probably closer to the time Ruger came out with the jam-0-matic 10/22magnum. It was a long time ago.

mtngunr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was probably closer to the time Ruger came out with the jam-0-matic 10/22magnum. It was a long time ago.
The 10/22M is recent history to me, was made from circa 1998 to circa 2006(?), which time period encompasses the CZ 511 and brief cheapened 611A, and neither a proper Brno gun. When trashing things, it helps to be specific rather than painting with a mystery brush of unrecalled model or apparently even maker.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The 10/22M is recent history to me, was made from circa 1998 to circa 2006(?), which time period encompasses the CZ 511 and brief cheapened 611A, and neither a proper Brno gun. When trashing things, it helps to be specific rather than painting with a mystery brush of unrecalled model or apparently even maker.
Who said it was a new brno. It was a brno and the trigger was crap and I got rid of it. I don't care what you think.

mtngunr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who said it was a new brno. It was a brno and the trigger was crap and I got rid of it. I don't care what you think.
Just like the 10/22M you trash where there actually are many happy owners. You'd better care what I think as this thread was started by me regarding a specific rifle where you have used it purely to make snide comments about a mystery gun by mystery maker (where you may as well have said, "I had a czechoslovakia") and by association casting doubt on the subject of this thread.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom