A Millennial job interview

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, there are some like that. However, I work for a world class, global, innovative company that hires lots of young people just out of college. I’m nearing 40 and have to stay on my toes and on top of my game if I don’t want them replacing me with one of these sharp, hungry and hard-working youngsters. There are lots of good one’s out there.

Last edited:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree. Every generation has those individuals. The problem is that wages for entry level jobs are the same they were 20 years ago but gas has tripled, healthcare is unaffordable, rent is double and food is more costly. It would be much more difficult for us to try and start from scratch these days without a little help.

That's not true. Entry-level jobs do NOT pay what they paid 20 years ago. When I started work (1990ish?) minimum wage was $3.35/hr, then it went up to $3.80. Guess what I made? I damn sure didn't make the $8-9/hr that people are making now in entry-level jobs, though I sure wished then that I was! In 1997, exactly 20 years ago, minimum wage was JUST raised to $5.15.

Guess what? Raise minimum wage, and every single product in society will go up as well, over time. The answer is NOT paying more for entry-level jobs, those jobs are the base pay of society and they will drive up the cost of every other product - which then makes the spending power of the dollars of minimum wage earners no better than it was before their raise. Period.

Latest posts

Top Bottom