A Poll - Why Do You Hunt?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Why Do You Hunt? - Public Vote / Multiple Choice

• Total voters

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love being outdoors, and spending time with my family out there. Plus it gets me the hell out of the city. The personal time/personal reflection that I can do while in the woods is an amazing thing as well. I can't wait til my little niece is old enough to hunt and fish so I can take her with me when my brother can't go.

tjones96761

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hunt because I can. Its a freedom that most people in the world don't have.
I love the crack of dawn when all of the world is waking up.
I love the sound of an animal walking up behind me in the leaves, and not knowing until they get in sight what they are.
I love taking different weapons into the field and taking game with them.
I love the time by myself where I can solve all of the worlds problems in my own mind.
I love the scouting, stand preperation, the anticipation of the upcoming season.
I love the adrenalin shot when an animal comes around and I've done my homework, and they don't know anybody is around.
I love to watch the other critters in the woods go about their everyday duties, gathering food, and materials for shelters.
Best of all, I love watching the Game Ranger ticket and arrest poachers that I have spotted sneaking into my hunting area.:D

Well said. except for the last one, not sure the ranger can get within a couple miles of me and I can't see that far.

mike miller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always thought most of the fun was the sight of it. I can think nothing is more fun than to call a strutting turkey in and watch all of his movements. I'm not much on deer because I really don't care for the meat and do not wish to waste it. BUT there is nothing more fun to see the deer come across the yard and grab one of the grankids and show them what is going on. Serenity in the woods also goes a long way to calm all of your worries.

Latest posts

Top Bottom