Academy (Handgun) Sales?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
+1000

If they can fix it w/o having to scribble or scratch out anything, i.e. putting
6' 2" instead of the correct way 6' 02" I just ask them to put a zero infront of the 2". Without initialling anything...geeze, the kid was a moron, or ill informed, or both.

Thank you sir for your input from a knowledgeable FFL. Thank god i'm 5-10 LOL
Maybe it is academys policy that if you make one mistake on the form they get to deny the sale altogether hell i dont know i dont work there. Just put yourself in that position........you have cash in hand to buy the gun you want and you make one typo on one number on your zipcode.....you have someone who looks like they havent bathed in a week thats probably 18 years old tell you quite rudely at that...."no sir you made a mistake i'm going to have to deny the sale". Well then you say i made a mistake on one number let me fix it then he repeats that he is going to have to deny the sale. I think most anyone would get a little heated. Its not like I stood there and screamed at him I DID NOT do that. I've worked sales i've been there and i hated when people treated me like that.

Now Wal-Mart on the otherhand on an impulse buy i bought a ruger 10/22 there a couple years ago. It literally took an hour to buy it, they do double and triple checks and manager checks of the 4473. And of course the manager walks you out with it too.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now Wal-Mart on the otherhand on an impulse buy i bought a Ruger 10/22 there a couple years ago. It literally took an hour to buy it, they do double and triple checks and manager checks of the 4473. And of course the manager walks you out with it too.

+1. I got a Marlin 60 there once on a whim, and I am certain it took over an hour. They make the average guy at the Academy gun counter look like a bona-fide expert.

The funny thing was that they (Walmart) wouldn't ring up my 12 pack of beer in the same transaction as the gun. So I had to check out twice.

:smash:

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
+1. I got a Marlin 60 there once on a whim, and I am certain it took over an hour. They make the average guy at the Academy gun counter look like a bona-fide expert.

The funny thing was that they (Walmart) wouldn't ring up my 12 pack of beer in the same transaction as the gun. So I had to check out twice.

:smash:

Last time I bought one from Wallyworld I was still an LEO in Georgia, and was in uniform, armed, and the store manager said I couldn't have the gun till I was out side. Needless to say that purchase went south, and I took my money back and went elsewhere. I will no longer purchase a firearm from them!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom