Accurate Iron 1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
what colors are those? Gun metal and graphite?

Is that the standard radius on the top corners of the heinie rear sight? I don't know why, but I REALLY like it.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
All that was kept from the stock gun was the frame, slide, grip safety, and barrel. Ignition stuff is cylinder and slide, bushing and plug is EGW, and pretty much everything else is Ed Brown. Grips are VZ G10 320's.
The front sight was oversized and then cut down to point of aim and sent out to get a tritium vial installed.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments, guys. Id like to thank okieglock83; its really his vision, and he provided the canvas and was the impetus to get the monogrammed bushings. I owe him for much more than his patronage. The best thing about it is he plans to shoot it and use it!

Stan, The colors are graphite black and tungsten. Its a bit more subdued and darker than the photos suggest. The rear sight was smoothed out and melted a bit. It was my response with our deciding to stay with the smith and wesson rear sight cut. The grip safety was left stock because the scandium frame grip tang was well undersized and would have required welding up the scandium frame, which I thought was too risky, or building up the grip safety, but we decided the effort and $ could better be put elsewhere. The swartz safety is still operable, and I wish I had weighed it, because this would disappear on one's hip.

Its more than combat accurate; the match bushing gave it (what was it, okieglock83?), 1.5-1.75" 5 shot group offhand at 15yds ? (the first time! :)) Fed it with wwb 230gr ball.

A few more pics.

ai25.photobucket.com_albums_c74_olyeller14_sw19115.jpg

ai25.photobucket.com_albums_c74_olyeller14_sw19113.jpg

ai25.photobucket.com_albums_c74_olyeller14_sw19112.jpg

pardon the dust!
ai25.photobucket.com_albums_c74_olyeller14_sw19114_1.jpg

ai25.photobucket.com_albums_c74_olyeller14_sw191110.jpg

ai25.photobucket.com_albums_c74_olyeller14_sw19119.jpg

Who wants one??
ai25.photobucket.com_albums_c74_olyeller14_monoplug.jpg

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It was the clients request it be smooth.
Its stays in your hand pretty good, least it did when I shot it. The grips, while they look pretty smooth, make really good contact with your hands.

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was the clients request it be smooth.
Its stays in your hand pretty good, least it did when I shot it. The grips, while they look pretty smooth, make really good contact with your hands.

yeah, I understand, Just wondering if He'd mentioned what his thoughts for it were. I know everyone has there likes/dislikes, just curious. Heck, he may know something I don't. Again, outstanding work, the pistol looks freakin' awesome.

I'm glad he intends to use it, rather than lock it away. :thumb:

okieglock83

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've always had a good grip...maybe playin drums for 15 years helped. I've never needed much assistance in the grip department. Plus on the Bobtailed 1911s the checkering/stippling/serrating is such a small area I really find it superfluous.

Latest posts

Top Bottom