Accurategunauctions.com

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SSG_McD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The about section of this “service” gives mixed signals.
How can it be accurate if they are going to charge people 20% more?

Attachments

• IMG_0714.png
    IMG_0714.png
    395 KB · Views: 7

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The about section of this “service” gives mixed signals.
How can it be accurate if they are going to charge people 20% more?

The auction house doesn't set the final price...the bidder does. And if the bidder is happy with the item, the price and fees (presumably they are or they wouldn't place a bid) then why would you care?

SSG_McD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The auction house doesn't set the final price...the bidder does. And if the bidder is happy with the item, the price and fees (presumably they are or they wouldn't place a bid) then why would you care?
I really don’t care as I have never or will never use a company like this. The word accurate in a company name that says they sale products for 20% higher than competitors won’t get my business.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really don’t care as I have never or will never use a company like this. The word accurate in a company name that says they sale products for 20% higher than competitors won’t get my business.

They're probably pretty broken up over that...

One more time... The auction house doesn't "sale" their guns for 20% more than competitors. They "sale" their guns for the amount of the winning bid. It's the buyer who sets the price (aside from the fees) and agrees to the fees by bidding on items.

It's really not complicated. Or maybe it is...

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

One more time... The auction house doesn't "sale" their guns for 20% more than competitors. They "sale" their guns for the amount of the winning bid. It's the buyer who sets the price (aside from the fees) and agrees to the fees by bidding on items.

IMHO it should be the seller footing the bill for selling not the buyer. Just my $.02.

SSG_McD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

The buyer sets the price dependent on terms that the auction house sets such as a reserve etc. I understand how an auction works.
Do you think this company would invest a lot of time into marketing and other work to take a loss?
Auction companies certainly do have a big say in price.
It’s not complicated.

How many times have you seen something relisted for auction multiple times because a value or a reserve wasn’t met.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The buyer sets the price dependent on terms that the auction house sets such as a reserve etc. I understand how an auction works.

Then maybe it's the free market you don't understand.

Do you think this company would invest a lot of time into marketing and other work to take a loss?

Go figure. A business in business to make a profit. What a concept.

Auction companies certainly do have a big say in price.

Not nearly as much as consumers. If the reserve is .01 and no one bids the item doesn't sell.

It’s not complicated.

Well something apparently is.

How many times have you seen something relisted for auction multiple times because a value or a reserve wasn’t met.

How many times have you seen an item that's been relisted numerous times eventually sell because, a) a buyer agrees to the price thru a bid that meets the reserve price, or b) the seller lowers the price/reserve in order to find a price the market (the buyer) will accept? And price isn't the only factor that drives sales. Some items just aren't desirable or they aren't desirable in a particular market. Sometimes sellers don't accept credit cards and that's a deal-killer for lots of people. There are any number of reasons an item might not sell aside from the price. Hell...I've tried giving lots of perfectly serviceable things away for nothing...just come pick it up...and not had any takers.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All of the auction companies that use hibid and proxibid both charge an online auction premium fee . . . that is paid for by the buyers. Sometimes it's 15% and sometimes it's closer to 20% or more. Really depends on the auction house.

Latest posts

Top Bottom