Advice for mags for new Rock River LAR-9

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ARG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just purchased a new RR LAR-9 their dedicated 9mm AR. It came with a 25 round mag that does not lock the bolt back. I also bought an aftermarket Promag that does. I understand there is a lot of info on these type 9mm AR mags. Read that MetalForm are the best and some called C products or something like that that once made the colt mags have problems too.

Any info that can help would be great. Otherwise if mags are going to be a real pain, I will just sell the gun while it is still new before I shoot it and avoid the headaches.

Thanks,
ARG

Last edited:

ARG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Kevin.

When I remove the upper and look at the lower with mag inserted The RR UZI mag does not have anything that pushes up on the little lever that locks the bolt back however the ProMag's both steel and polymer both do have a tang at the rear but the followers are cheap plastic and don't look like they will hold up long. Would rather have a metal follower. Have heard that the MetalForme ones do.

ARG

Latest posts

Top Bottom