Age yourself by naming a store/business that no longer exists that you frequented.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Travelers Checks. You'd get ready to travel to some place, vacation or whatever, and you'd get Travelers Checks. You'd cash them in as needed.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Travelers Checks. You'd get ready to travel to some place, vacation or whatever, and you'd get Travelers Checks. You'd cash them in as needed.

When I went to Basic Training You were allowed $100 in cash and the remainder the Army made you take your in AmEx travelers checks if you didn't have a bank account.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There used to be a Trade Mart on the east side of US 81 HWY just as you were coming into Enid from the south. This was waaaay before Walmart.

Yep. I bought a Mossberg 500 there, when the wife and I were really young and struggling. We went in and looked at it. I wanted it SO bad. Walked out and went on to work. Later called my wife and had her and my Dad go back and get it. Still got it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom