Age yourself by naming a store/business that no longer exists that you frequented.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I worked in the Montgomery Wards Penn Square Store Sporting Goods dept in 1969 as a salesman and bought my first deer rifle there with my employee discount, a Remington 700 ADL in .308. I still have it today but it is now sporting a BDL stock. Still a tackdriver. My family built and owned the first TG&Y store in OKC built in roughly 1948. I bought 2 Browning A-5's from Southwest Shooters Supply in Lt 20 for myself and my son. We still have them and use them on doves and quail many years ago. Still love it..

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
???
I was just in a Radio Shack on Tuesday.
Not like they used to be.

Worked on TVs, when I was in school.
Go to Radio Shack and buy a sack full of parts to fix them.
Rebuilt 100 controllers (1938 model Fluke) for Budweiser. All the parts, I got from Radio Shack.

The last RS I was in, was a phone store and a few toys.

Last edited:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone remember a pizza and beer place out west on NW Hwy west of Wedgewood called Chances R? It was only in operation about a year or two but had great pizza. As I remember it was on the north side about where Pep Boys is.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Steak and Ale?

1670831796016.png

1670831830113.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom