Air conditioning fan motor blew out last night - Help!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itzkwik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you run it without the proper motor Tyromeo is right then your 400 dollar prob. Just turned I to a couple 1000.00. If you don't have a clue as to what your doing turn it ofF And wait till tomorrow or you can use a fan type water sprinkler on one side of the condensor coil,STAY AWAY FROM THE ELECTRIC PANEL. pick the largest side,let the water hit the entire side,start out low psi,adjust the water psi by checking your liquid line temp by hand(the small one)it should be appx. The same temp or a hair higher then the outside air temp,if it is extremely hot the refrigerant psi is to high and can DAMAGE your compressor.
Your best bet is to tough it out or go get a 65.00 motel room until you get a qualified tech out there. Doing g the above mentioned can get You ELECTRICUTED IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO LOOK FOR!!!!!!

Peabody

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine broke down Monday night. I called Mike at EJs heat and air. They came out and replaced the capicitator. They also did a thorough inspection of my other unit as well. Parts and labor for the fix was only $105. They said in this heat a lot of capacitors are going out.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
10 days after I signed and gave them the check, the home units craps out. Compressor was fried.

I gotta hand it to these guys. They beat the bushes and put in overtime to get my house back on line. They couldn't find a compressor so the put in an entirely new unit outside. They finished around 9:30PM. By then, it was so hot in the house that the butter was melting.

And it only cost me 20 bucks.

Dave

That was a great bit of luck there!

I knew somebody who had his insurance guy call up and try to sell him disability insurance and a critical illness insurance package.
He declined. 2 days later he was in the hospital paralyzed.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Turn off power at breaker.

Remove fan motor (mark wire location)

Remove capacitor (careful, it will zap you if charged)

Take them both to an AC supply place. They will get you new ones.

Go home and install them. Be sure motor is turning correct direction. Should be able to reverse if needed.

Enjoy the cool air.

These guys open the door for weird hours for an extra $50, I believe:

Bradford Industrial Supply
120 East Hill Street, Oklahoma City
(405) 525-8855

Latest posts

Top Bottom