Airweight J-Frames for EDC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you carry ab Airweight j-Frame for your EDC?

• Yes, that's my EDC; all the time

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Sometimes; like 50-50

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • Never

Votes: 6 20.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TurboSixPiston

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
For a long time I put off trying a J-frame in the pocket. After I did, it's all I did. I don't anymore.

I stopped because ;

A) Revolver reloads are a pain to carry around. Sometimes they even come apart if you toss them in your pocket.

B) Reloading a J frame (small cylinder) vs. a larger cylinder is pretty difficult even under no stress.

C) I can hit what I need to with it out to 25 yards. No bullseye but deadly. However, that's no reason to carry and train for an inferior weapon (yes, I said it) when you can reload more reliably, hit more reliably, and still be in a package not much bigger than a J-frame.

Set a J-frame sized revolver next to a G26 or M&P9c. The physical size difference may rule out pocket carry, but it does not rule out comfortable and still very well hidden carry.

I voted no because I no longer do. It might make a great back up gun, but that's all it is.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For a long time I put off trying a J-frame in the pocket. After I did, it's all I did. I don't anymore.

I stopped because ;

A) Revolver reloads are a pain to carry around. Sometimes they even come apart if you toss them in your pocket.

B) Reloading a J frame (small cylinder) vs. a larger cylinder is pretty difficult even under no stress.

C) I can hit what I need to with it out to 25 yards. No bullseye but deadly. However, that's no reason to carry and train for an inferior weapon (yes, I said it) when you can reload more reliably, hit more reliably, and still be in a package not much bigger than a J-frame.

Set a J-frame sized revolver next to a G26 or M&P9c. The physical size difference may rule out pocket carry, but it does not rule out comfortable and still very well hidden carry.

I voted no because I no longer do. It might make a great back up gun, but that's all it is.

The odds of you ever firing more then 2 rounds in a self defense situation in your lifetime are slim and none, probably closer to zero.

walker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Airlite 340SS in my cargo pocket right now. Its too easy to carry in my cargo shorts in the summer and the inside pocket of my carhartt vests and coats in the winter. I use +P ammo cuz 357's hurt like hell. If you like revolvers its a no brainer. If you dont its a no brainer.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Airlite 340SS in my cargo pocket right now. Its too easy to carry in my cargo shorts in the summer and the inside pocket of my carhartt vests and coats in the winter. I use +P ammo cuz 357's hurt like hell. If you like revolvers its a no brainer. If you dont its a no brainer.[/QUOTE]

That makes a lotta sense to me.

Fatboy Joe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I stopped because ;

Your choice is yours, but this statement contradicts itself. I don't know about an inferior weapon. I could always say as your blood is pumping in a situation that you have to use your weapon you limp wrist it and it jams, or you hit the mag release. Reloading will be the last of your problems. I know i am going to get 5 shots out with no problems.

Latest posts

Top Bottom