AK-47 Pistol Pro's & Con's???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SandDude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm very intrested in buying one of these, just wondering why they're so much cheaper than the rifle version?

For myself, I like the small size for packing on it my quad.

Plus big 7.62 x 39 power for target shooting in the mountains.

Thanx for help/input,

-$D

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does a folding stock not bolt up to it the same as an AK rifle?

That's basically what I had in mind, I thought this way I wouldn't need the stamp.

-$D

You really need to read up on the NFA rules before embarking on this adventure. Putting a stock on a pistol instantly makes it an SBR in the eyes of the mighty ATF....a very dangerous snake to upset.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does a folding stock not bolt up to it the same as an AK rifle?

That's basically what I had in mind, I thought this way I wouldn't need the stamp.

-$D

AK Pistol + Any stock = Short Barreled Rifle/no tax stamp = FELONY

I don't care for AK/AR pistols, hard to shoot, no accuracy, an SBR is MUCH better.

Be careful though, it's not as easy to transport SBR's across state lines, prior ATF authorization is required.

bilboben

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a different take on this than all who have posted. I guess probably for two reasons, I own one and carry it everyday. I have a ccw, so carry it as pistol in the seat of my pickup, chamber loaded, mag inserted, safety on, rag to cover it. Legal under OK SDA as it is a pistol. In the cooler time of year, I sling it across my shoulder where it rest in the middle of my back with a jacket or vest on and iy is ready to go to work as a pistol at my side by simply sliding it down and around to my side. That is how i shoot the weapon, good solid stance, gun level across my chest, green dot on the target. I can get a 30 round clip in 5 x 5 at 100 yards like this.
Leathality is this, it shoots 2 inch groups at 100 yds, (ballistically, the bullet and rifled barrel should have no problem with this). I know it does, because I sledded it and consistantly put each group into 2". The only question I had left was to ensure I could do that more often than not unsledded. I accomplished this with a zero'd green dot laser, which works well in both daylight and dark. This works good as point of aim as the green dot is about 2" od at 100 yards.
I like the gun because it is a high power, high capacity (100 round drum when I want) self defense weapon with fairly good accuracy out to 100 yards. This is one mean hog killing machine and a definant hunting trip back up weapon that is very reliable (has yet to fail, over 5k rounds of crap ammo through it)

Latest posts

Top Bottom