AK-47 Pistol Pro's & Con's???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bilboben

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On making this an SBR, you will need a stamp, but you need a stamp if you buy an SBR, so it is a wash. These are so cheap, (got mine nib for $300, 2 30 rnd mags, ffl transfer), that you could get a top of the line folding stock, engraving and the $200 stamp for way less than you could buy an AK 47 SBR and do the $200 transfer plus other ffl fees. I may do this eventually, because that was my original intent, but it has become to versatile and useful as a pistol, that i changed my mind.

AK 47 pistol - $300
ffl transfer - 0
hours of immense pleasure and peace of mind - priceless

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a different take on this than all who have posted. I guess probably for two reasons, I own one and carry it everyday. I have a ccw, so carry it as pistol in the seat of my pickup, chamber loaded, mag inserted, safety on, rag to cover it. Legal under OK SDA as it is a pistol. In the cooler time of year, I sling it across my shoulder where it rest in the middle of my back with a jacket or vest on and iy is ready to go to work as a pistol at my side by simply sliding it down and around to my side. That is how i shoot the weapon, good solid stance, gun level across my chest, green dot on the target. I can get a 30 round clip in 5 x 5 at 100 yards like this.
Leathality is this, it shoots 2 inch groups at 100 yds, (ballistically, the bullet and rifled barrel should have no problem with this). I know it does, because I sledded it and consistantly put each group into 2". The only question I had left was to ensure I could do that more often than not unsledded. I accomplished this with a zero'd green dot laser, which works well in both daylight and dark. This works good as point of aim as the green dot is about 2" od at 100 yards.
I like the gun because it is a high power, high capacity (100 round drum when I want) self defense weapon with fairly good accuracy out to 100 yards. This is one mean hog killing machine and a definant hunting trip back up weapon that is very reliable (has yet to fail, over 5k rounds of crap ammo through it)

You sure about that? I doubt that your AK pistol is under 16" overall length. The SDA allows you to carry a pistol and defines "pistol" as follows:

TITLE 21 § 1290.1. Short Title
SHORT TITLE​
Sections 1 through 26 of this act shall be known and may be cited as the
“Oklahoma Self-Defense Act”.​
TITLE 21 § 1290.2. Definitions
DEFINITIONS​
As used in Sections 1 through 26 of this act:
1. Concealed handgun means a loaded or unloaded pistol carried hidden
from the detection and view of another person either upon or about the
person, in a purse or other container belonging to the person, or in a
vehicle which is operated by the person or in which the person is riding
as a passenger; and
2. Pistol means any derringer, revolver or semiautomatic firearm which:
a. has an overall length of less that sixteen (16) inches and is able to​
be fully concealed from detection and view,

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You sure about that? I doubt that your AK pistol is under 16" overall length. The SDA allows you to carry a pistol and defines "pistol" as follows:

TITLE 21 § 1290.1. Short Title
SHORT TITLE​
Sections 1 through 26 of this act shall be known and may be cited as the
“Oklahoma Self-Defense Act”.​
TITLE 21 § 1290.2. Definitions
DEFINITIONS​
As used in Sections 1 through 26 of this act:
1. Concealed handgun means a loaded or unloaded pistol carried hidden
from the detection and view of another person either upon or about the
person, in a purse or other container belonging to the person, or in a
vehicle which is operated by the person or in which the person is riding
as a passenger; and
2. Pistol means any derringer, revolver or semiautomatic firearm which:
a. has an overall length of less that sixteen (16) inches and is able to​
be fully concealed from detection and view,

Agreed. Pretty sure an AK Pistol is not an approved CCW. I'd also like to see this amazing little machine that shoots sub 5 inch 30 round groups using a laser....

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a different take on this than all who have posted. I guess probably for two reasons, I own one and carry it everyday. I have a ccw, so carry it as pistol in the seat of my pickup, chamber loaded, mag inserted, safety on, rag to cover it. )

brother I ain't mad at ya, but what exactly is going on in duncan that you have that kind of firepower at immediate readyness? I can see the want to just not sure the why to.

Latest posts

Top Bottom