ak or kel tec pistol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x-ray gun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am interested in buying a AK or Kel Tec pistol, does anyone have any advice or thoughts on the pros and cons of either one? Price of ammo, upgrades, or durability are some examples of the kind of user feedback I am interested in.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
really depends on what you want. Ak is a good all around rifle, Can be used for many things from hunting to home defense, But it is great for what it was designed for (a war rifle) , however you cannot put it in the pockets of your shorts during the summer like you can the keltec. I have owned both and both server their purpose. If you need a ccw piece you can't go wrong with a kt backup, if you need a good battle or shtf rifle, the ak is good to go.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
really depends on what you want. Ak is a good all around rifle, Can be used for many things from hunting to home defense, But it is great for what it was designed for (a war rifle) , however you cannot put it in the pockets of your shorts during the summer like you can the keltec. I have owned both and both server their purpose. If you need a ccw piece you can't go wrong with a kt backup, if you need a good battle or shtf rifle, the ak is good to go.

the only thing I have to say is they are not necessarily a "battle rifle." They are a auto loading rifle that fires one shot at a time, as are the Rem 742, the Ruger 10-22 and so on. ALL bolt action guns are derivites of weapons used in battle like the 30-40 Krag, the .303 British and the 30-06.

Kind of off topic, but just something to clarify.

x-ray gun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
thanks guys and yes im talking about the plr16 pistol,just looking for fun guns to fill the safe.anyone have a ak or plr16 pistol thanks.

DestructoJr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the only thing I have to say is they are not necessarily a "battle rifle." They are a auto loading rifle that fires one shot at a time, as are the Rem 742, the Ruger 10-22 and so on. ALL bolt action guns are derivites of weapons used in battle like the 30-40 Krag, the .303 British and the 30-06.

Kind of off topic, but just something to clarify.

If you are speaking about the weapon being semi auto when you say fire one round at a time meaning 1 round per trigger pull mine shootes more than that, actually it will shoot as many rounds are in the magazine with one trigger pull. If you are refering to the number of rounds that leave the muzzle at a time then yes it does in fact shoot one round at a time, but so does the mini gun.

xSMOKExLESSxCRACKx

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
IMHO I'd go with the Kel-Tec. I've sold a few of them whenever I could get a hold of them. Always had those "Man I gotta get me one of these!" type of thoughts when I held them. You'll want to get the fore-grip for it, they just don't look right without it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom