Allen, TX Outlet Mall Shooting Police Bodycam Footage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know this may not sound very tactically sound from the cop's POV (or safe?), but what if the officer had fired a few rounds into the air between bursts of shots fired by the perp to distract him and maybe stop him from shooting innocent people for a moment or two? Yes, it alerts the bad guy that someone else with a gun is coming, but he might panic and just go ahead and off himself if he thinks police are near and it may have at least saved a couple innocents from being shot. If nothing else it disrupts his OODA loop momentarily and maybe gets him off his game. Just trying to think outside the box...
In this case, outside the box is one of the dumber places that’s ever been thought from.

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A hero or just doing the job he signed on to do? I think that many throw that term 'hero' around a little too loosely.

Now if he had pulled a wounded civilian out of the line of fire from an active shooter, or shielded a child from getting shot . . . now THAT's the actions of a 'HERO'.
Doing the job he’s paid for.

That being said, there’s other people doing the job they’re paid for, which is providing scene medical care. Doing their job while not doing his only serves to exacerbate the problem.

Successful response and ending considering the situation.

lilcountry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A hero or just doing the job he signed on to do? I think that many throw that term 'hero' around a little too loosely.

Now if he had pulled a wounded civilian out of the line of fire from an active shooter, or shielded a child from getting shot . . . now THAT's the actions of a 'HERO'.
I agree the word is overused. Professional athletes aren’t heroes. But anyone who voluntarily puts themselves at risk to save others is a hero.

Latest posts

Top Bottom