Almost 4 months exactly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On feb 22 i got 3 baby red chicks from tractor supply.
I found a little brown egg today in the hen house on the ground.
Good thing because i made dumplings and chicken with one of my black astrolorps.
and the other black has laid 1 egg in 30 days..2 years old almost.. she is such a nice hen never runs from you..
she may be as tasty as she is nice!

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL ... I didn't even think to post about it but I think we bought from the same batch of chicks. Found a little bitty egg (half the size of the big girls' eggs) in the the nest box in their coop last week. But that has been the only one so far ...

These chicks have a nasty habit of picking on my ducks. :grumble: My big girls could care less ... the ducks will get in their nest box to lay their eggs ... But they don't pick at the tomato plants like my big girls do so I can overlook a little ... :P

Yes, my big girls and my little girls have different coops ... One of these days I need to do some re-arranging ... It's too damned hot right now though ...

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought 5 pullets from Atwood's about a 5 weeks ago. Time to move them out of my garage and into a real coop this weekend.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They could start laying about 16 weeks of age, should be laying regularly by 21 weeks.

We bought 40 from Tractor Supply just before Easter, they are growing fast, but no rooster bullets; yet, maybe end of next month.

Latest posts

Top Bottom