American Eagle .223 ammo at wally world....?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
so i went by the local gun store today and was going to get some xm193 ammo, but i didnt really like the price. i think it was about $8.00 for two 10rd stripper clips or something like that. i asked if they just had a 100rd box and he just said he could sell whatever amount i wanted. i thought maybe a 100rd box might be a little cheaper to buy rather than stripper clips, which i didnt really want. so that would be about $40 per 100rds plus tax. i think the box i got at outdoor america a couple weeks ago was around $34 tax included, i think. cant remember for sure, but i think thats what it was.

i was also looking to get a 20rd pmag, which is the main reason i went there, but they wanted $20 plus tax and that was a little more than i wanted to spend as well. i asked if they might come off that any, but then i got the whole spiel, "yea they are $14 or $15 online but then they make their money by charging you $8 or $9 dollars for shipping. i cant sell them for that much and only make .80 on each one i sell." i just nodded and agreed and didnt bother mentioning that i had just looked on primaryarms.com yesterday and they are $13.25 with free shipping. but w/e, wasnt a big deal to me. i always try and get a better deal on things that i buy, so i gave it a shot, and didnt win this one. ill just get it online.

so anyway, back to the ammo!

after leaving the gun store i was strolling through wally world by the ammo and see the black american eagle boxes in the ammo case. i had never seen this ammo there before, so i stopped and asked to look at it. the box looks exactly like the 5.56 American Eagle XM13, but it says AR223 rather than 5.56. i went ahead and bought two boxes, 40rds total, and it came to $13 even with tax. that would come to about $32.50 with tax for 100rds. that seems like a pretty good price for my area? i have never tried this particular ammo. i assume its pretty much like the xm193, but maybe a little lighter load for the AR's marked for .223 and not 5.56 or something? anyone have any experience with this stuff, pros or cons?

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i tried a few boxes of the pmc a few weeks ago from uncle sams. not sure if it was that exact ammo u got. it seemed ok. the xm193 and remington ammo from wally world grouped a little better tho i think. i assume u got it at uncle sams? i think the pmc i got was like $7 or $8 a box. i tried another one they had, think it was called hotshot or something like that. made in korea, and it made the worst group out of all of them, wont buy that again.

i may try to shoot this american eagle 223 ammo from wally world tomorrow and see how it groups. maybe......if i feel like baking for an hour or so. lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom