American made Ballgloves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
....In the 80s you could by Nocona boots that were seconds and get Ostrich or alligator skin for $150.00.

In the 80s I bought a 6 year-old full-dress Harley Shovelhead for $4300 (82 FLTC 80 inch shovel, 5 spd). Even got a leather jacket thrown in, to fit that wild-eyed, batcrap crazy female I had hanging around me.

Sure wish the 80s prices were still around on fuel, too.

Last edited:

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree about the gas prices.I should have said that in the 80s the ostrich and alligator boots that weren't seconds were going for 3-400 a pair.So the seconds were a bargain at the time.I had bought some lucchesee ostrich boots the year before for 500.00.The noconas weren't the caliber of the lucchessee boots but they were 1/3rd of the price.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nokana has made quality gloves for a long time. They cost a pretty penny but most things that are quality do. I was hoping my son would take up baseball when he was little. One shot to the eye while playing catch at 4 years old made him decide otherwise.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nokana has made quality gloves for a long time. They cost a pretty penny but most things that are quality do. I was hoping my son would take up baseball when he was little. One shot to the eye while playing catch at 4 years old made him decide otherwise.
I hear ya! I've got a 4yo daughter that wants to play with us badly. She's been practicing hitting on a tee and playing catch. I tossed her a ball the other day that hit her eye/cheek but she took it well. She's been bugging me to hit off the pitching machine and I kept saying no just practice on your tee cuz you can start in tee ball (the older sisters went straight to softball due to age when they started). Anyhow, Clara asked to hit off the machine again a couple days ago and I said fine, cmon but you're not ready. I turned the tension down low and that little **** crushed the first pitch! Oh you talk about excited we all were. Not Clara though! She stood there already loaded up again like she was teaching us a lesson about excluding her. Out of 10 pitches she had probably 5 good hits, 3 fouls and 2 misses. I asked her, "Well, Clara, what is the secret to your success?" The lil smartass dropped her bat to her shoulder, cocked a leg, pointed at her helmet covered head and said, "I got ALLLLL this in my head!" Lmao

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats hilarious, my son started playing soccer 5 years ago and that's all he wants to play now. I have pretty much begged him to do another sport. Funny thing is he likes to play catch now. Not to mention there is no telling how many times hes been tagged with a soccer ball and didn't think twice about it. Thankfully his love for guns has been getting him to spend time doing things other than soccer.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an American made Glovesmith I'm pretty fond of.
20190622_170600.jpg
20190622_170622.jpg

CSeverns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used a Nokona glove back when I played and it lasted for 3 seasons until I stopped playing but could have easily lasted 3 more. My mom traveled a lot for work and she was near the factory there in Nocona, TX where she bought it for me way back in 1995. It was an outfielder’s glove that I used to play 1st base. I tried several different 1st baseman’s gloves but none of them ever felt right, I always kept going back to that Nokona. I haven’t checked out any of their new stuff lately but it was the most legit ball glove I’ve ever used.

Latest posts

Top Bottom