American terrorists?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry, but if you don't access to the source, I'm not going risk my job and give it to you...

I'm just tired of so many Americans "holier than everything" view. We, as a country, have done so many things that we consider evil if other countries do them. And I'm mostly just staying busy while I'm at work. I'll drop it if you want. We can be friends.

We're friends, this is just a discussion. :)

I guess that my point is I have in responding to all of this stuff is along those same lines too. I'm just so tired of people's view that is so quick to sell America down the river and point out (with much bias and slant) how terrible and horrible the U.S. has been in the past. At the same time, I never see threads about the good that America does and has done all over the world in the last century. We have given more, done more, helped more, saved more than anyone in HISTORY and generally pulled the rest of the world along with us on our road to higher prosperity, better health, safer lives, etc... I get testy and downright pissed when everyone piles on badmouthing my beloved country and at the same time gives no credit to the obvious, but largely unreported good that we do.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not at all in my opinion. Pointing out the crimes of others does not in any way make what I might have done less wrong. A bit like saying that Joe is a good guy because he doesn't beat me as bad as Larry does.

Michael

I never said internment camps were right. In fact I said they were wrong. They ARE however a far cry from the genocide of millions of people. I was responding to Zombies assertion that those who think the Nazi's were wrong probably think internment camps were ok. I doubt that there are many (if any) people on this board (or generally) who feel that way.

So... I said Joe was a bad guy, but at least Joe didn't slaughter my whole family and everyone I know like Larry did. Joe and Larry should not be compared or held in the same regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom