American terrorists?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The same is true for groups against governments. Groups such as Hamas and such could never win a traditional war, so terrorism is the next best thing. Oh, and for the most part terrorists don't tend to wear uniforms.

No, in the United States they tend to wear suits and go by the title “Congressman”.

One man’s “terrorist” is another man’s “freedom fighter”.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, for the report I did for NCOA, I did the Khmer Rouge. Before the Khmer Rouge rose to full power and overthrew the Cambodian government, we(the USA) dropped half a million tons of ordnance on behalf of the Cambodian government to wipe out the Khmer Rouge. Deaths are estimated at a minimum of 300K. Khmer Rouge strength was estimated to be around 10K. After that, the Khmer Rouge's recruitment skyrocketed, they overthrew the government, and the Killing Fields ensued. We didn't do anything in response. We've killed millions of civilian Afghans, Iraqis, etc in the last 50 years during our continued wars. O yeah, we also sold weapons to Osama Bin Laden AND Saddam Hussein before we decided that we didn't like them. Don't forget in the '70s when we ousted Iran's dictator for ours(who the Iranian people overthrew shortly thereafter), so we backed Saddam in the Iraq/Iran War. I really don't feel like googleing this for you...

Your assesment of the Khmer Rouge being bolstered by American bombing is right in line with the anti-U.S. biased figures and assumptions. The 'estimates' of US caused deaths are from the same sources. That view is by no means objective and certainly doesn't take into account the whole picture.

On Afghanistan and Iraq... I'm sorry, you're going to have to sell that Bull$h1t somewhere else. The United States is not responsible for "millions of civilian" deaths there.

You don't have to Google anything for me. I don't live in the world of internet fantasy propped up by the likes of anti-U.S. "journalists" slinging their propaganda.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I honestly expected more pissed off replies like this. I'm sure you also think the Nazi's concentration camps were evil - but the "internment camps" the Japanese were put in here in the US were fine too right?

Seriously Zombie?

Comparing internment camps (which were obviously wrong) to genocide is just a bit off don't you think? Last I checked, America didn't gas and kill millions (or even one) Japanese.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually my "estimates" of US caused deaths of from Air Force official records...

Source?

And they were all innocent huh? Innocent civilians, that's what you said right?

Listen, you have your point of view and I'm obviously not going to change it... Is there any point to what you're saying though? What are you trying to get across?

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seriously Zombie?

Comparing internment camps (which were obviously wrong) to genocide is just a bit off don't you think? Last I checked, America didn't gas and kill millions (or even one) Japanese.

the extent of what is done no comparison - but there were deaths, there were violent beatings, homes, businesses, and lives destroyed.

what can I say I wanna get some people riled up today and this thread is giving me enough to do it.

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry, but if you don't access to the source, I'm not going risk my job and give it to you...

I'm just tired of so many Americans "holier than everything" view. We, as a country, have done so many things that we consider evil if other countries do them. And I'm mostly just staying busy while I'm at work. I'll drop it if you want. We can be friends.

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Seriously Zombie?

Not at all in my opinion. Pointing out the crimes of others does not in any way make what I might have done less wrong. A bit like saying that Joe is a good guy because he doesn't beat me as bad as Larry does.

Michael

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the extent of what is done no comparison - but there were deaths, there were violent beatings, homes, businesses, and lives destroyed.

what can I say I wanna get some people riled up today and this thread is giving me enough to do it.

No doubt there were, U.S. actions over the years have by no means been perfect. Who is? I'd say we've done a FAR cry better than anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom