Ammo Crazies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How long till ammo will be back on the shelves?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chief63

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If guns coming back is a good sign then we are on our way. Lots of 223s listed in Buds VIP today. Still priced high but its been ahwile since I've seen so many listed at once.

Okiegunner

Stormtrooper
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can't wait for this to be over. Used to go to the range every 2 weeks. Now I'm going every other month. Sick of people buying ammo just to sell online. I just want to go shoot!

younggundavid

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know much about loaded ammo. I'm a reloader and spend most of my time reloading my own and I don't pay much attention to the store bought stuff. Last time this happened was election time in 2008 when obama was elected. No real gun banning agenda at the time of his election.. but he still sent the gun world into a panic that lasted nearly a year. Buddy of mine reloads on such a large scale.. he is actually a licensed ammuntion manufacturer. I was talking with him about a month ago when I was over trying to pick up some supplies (supplies I wasn't able to find in my usual places). He mentioned he had 1.2 million primers on order with winchester and was told he should expect his order to be shipped sometime in 2015. (1 million primers is his usual order), nearly 2 years from now. I dont know if it would really take that long or if it's just winchester. I do know in 2008 when this happened, winchester told him it would be 1 year and he actually got his shipment in 10 months. So the 1 year was a pretty close calculation. Now that obama has his second term in office and actually has a "gun agenda". I wouldn't expect much to change.

Reloading supplies have been just as scarce as store bought stuff. I've been surfing places I've known of but have never needed to buy from. Some of these guys are shutting down their phones and walkin traffic for weeks at a time just to process the orders they have and give the manufacturers time to send them more inventory. I have one manufaturer that I've bought direct from them in the past. (you have to purchase 50 thousand rounds minimum per order to order straight from this manufacturer). I tried them the other day. Their website claims they are not taking any "new" customers. I called them up and becuase I haven't ordered from them in 4 years... they would not let me put in another order at this time. No indication was given as to how long it would be before I could place an order.

2 months ago.. I couldn't find any brass anywhere. So I started watching the goverment auctions for the military's once fired brass casing's. The winning bidders were having to pay "market price" just to get the brass to resale to other people. Now, I'm slowly seeing a couple place's advertising once fired military brass again. The cheapest place I've found has only a 50% markup from just a couple months ago..(38.00 per 1000 of 9mm 2 months ago.. to 53.00 per 1000 rnds of 9mm today) Everyone else is nearly double the price of what they were selling it for just a couple months ago. I know some of these guys have bought hundred's of thousands of rounds at prices they used to sell the stuff for.. SO I definitley don't see the reloading market price going down for at least a year or more... These guys have to sell what they have and then rebuy at a cheaper price for us to get it cheaper... my 2 cents.

Latest posts

Top Bottom