Ammunition Warning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
possibility of jamming is a fact of life with simi-auto weapons.

clear it quickly and go on... part of my practice drill is to clear a jammed round. then quickly recover while moving sideways or backwards while shooting target.

all we can do is reduce likelihood of jamming by keeping things simple, using combination's that are proven to work.

I just hate to do anything that could/might cause a failure in a time of need. I've also had a few bad rounds of Wolf Classic 7.62x39. They didn't fire or were light loads and didn't cycle the weapon.

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just hate to do anything that could/might cause a failure in a time of need. I've also had a few bad rounds of Wolf Classic 7.62x39. They didn't fire or were light loads and didn't cycle the weapon.

Who said anything about depending on it? My "fighting mags" are filled with M855.

It's for plinking and practice. Unless your gun is picky I don't think there's much difference in dependability between it and, say, Rem UMC green box.

Nik--I wasn't trying to sound antagonistic in my previous post, just trying to explain my logic.

Big kudos to the people who shoot brass and leave it at the range for me to pick up. :D

Nik

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, you would love me because I am one of the goofs that leaves all that money lying on the ground. Maybe I should stand in front of the muzzle instead of behind it due to my laziness. :doh:

Who said anything about depending on it? My "fighting mags" are filled with M855.

It's for plinking and practice. Unless your gun is picky I don't think there's much difference in dependability between it and, say, Rem UMC green box.

Nik--I wasn't trying to sound antagonistic in my previous post, just trying to explain my logic.

Big kudos to the people who shoot brass and leave it at the range for me to pick up. :D

waffles

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have shot a hefty amount of Wolf,Brown Bear,Monarch through all my Ar's and alot of other steel cased russian ammo and I have not had one problem(yet). I ALWAYS thoroughly clean my rifles after i shoot them. Also if I pay close to $1000 bucks for a gun it better be able to have a little Russian steel in its diet, just my opinion though.

12gabackup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I wasn't talking about depending on Wolf ammo. I was referring to the possibility of extractor failure from having shot steel casings in the past.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shoot a little of everything personally - only have 1 pistol that is picky. I clean and maintain my weapons to the standard of everytime I shoot it whether 1 round or 200 I clean it after. I give it a good lube and clean it a couple days to a week later again. I've shot Wolf and had no problems with it at all. but those that reload the "lesser" calibers would love me as I am also one of those who leave my brass behind

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
MMChambers06....why are your magazines fighting? Just put them in time out and sit them in the corner.

Latest posts

Top Bottom