1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

And ATF does it again. Sorry for Tommy Built owners

Discussion in 'Firearms Chat' started by PBramble, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Profreedomokie

Profreedomokie Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    The SL8 were brought in during the assault weapons ban and were legal per the ban because they took a 10 rd. mag, barrel wasn't threaded, and didn't have a true pistol grip. H&K SL-8  (2).jpg

2. Perplexed

Perplexed Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Can I borrow “Bridge on the River Kwai”?

3. Boehlertaught

Boehlertaught Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    If I owned one of these when the ATF gavel falls. I would hot saw it in half right through the receiver making sure to remove enough material so it can't be welded back together. The may rake it but they will not use it.

4. PBramble

PBramble I need TP

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    And the Tommy Built lower was based off of it. I had one years ago and sold it to an ATF agent, but I'd bet they come after them too.

5. tRidiot

tRidiot Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I don't disagree at all. I've known cops who thought 'civilians' shouldn't be allowed to own anything other than the double-barrel Joe Biden Self Defense Special. There are enough out there who DO take pleasure in lording their position over private citizens.

And there are a lot who have 10, 15, 18 or 20 years in and when their boss starts telling them they're going to lose their pension, their job, and their way of life, be unable to support their family and be back on the job market at an overweight, out of shape 52, they'll do whatever is asked of them to keep their position.

And there are some who will quietly refuse to participate, or try to. And some who will up and quit.

And there will be a line of Joebobs out there ready to pick up those badges and do what Uncle Sugar tells them to do - because they've always dreamed of having the authority to control others. And that's when the real downhill slide begins (or accelerates?) and the police state starts.

TedKennedy, Rez Exelon and 2busy like this.
  6. rawhide

rawhide Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    A retired chief of police that I know well and have had a lot interesting conversations with told me recently that he doesn't know any law enforcement administrators in this part of the world that would send their officers into harm's way to enforce gun confiscations. Someone will get shot and is not worth it. If it happens it'll be feds.

7. tRidiot

tRidiot Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Tulsa and OKC police chiefs? They're no friend to gun owners...

8. Fredkrueger100

Fredkrueger100 Come to Freddy!!

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    One way or another, they ARE coming for our guns. Be ready folks.

9. rawhide

rawhide Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    They may not be friendly to gun owners, but are they willing to order their officers to do what may get them killed to serve a political agenda? What they want to do, can do, and will do aren't the same thing. In other parts of the country I would agree with you. Here in OK I don't see it happening.

10. bigchuck83

bigchuck83 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Sometimes i wish i had the mechanical and engineering aptitude to make a full auto capable firearm just to piss off the ATF. However they are so slow and lazy that a Suppressor approval takes months even though the applicant has no criminal record. The ATF needs abolished and the NFA needs to be ruled totally void. ATF does not have the power to create laws, just enforce them. want something made illegal go through the proper channels, Government criminals at work.