And the S&W family continues to grow.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Been wanting a .22 pistol for a while now and I saw this one at Sports World at a decent price. Anybody have one of these?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 223

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I sold one of those recently to a lodge brother, The report was it was accurate but had a few jams, Could have been the ammo? I think he said it was Federal.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I ran mine dry right out of the box and fired about a hundred rounds without a problem with CCI ammo. I've never been big on .22 pistols but I'm really digging this one so far.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think that that pistol is one of the better .22 pistols out on the market.
I have heard though they can be a bit finicky about ammo, but CCI seems to be the best bet for all .22 pistols.
The other really good .22 pistol that seems to intrigue a lot of people is the Beretta Neos, along with the carbine kit.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We have a 22A and freakin' love it!

Doesn't like federal ammo, will eat CCI all day long with no hangups. Seemed to shoot golden bullets pretty well too. We've put maybe 1,000 rds downrange with it. The wife can plink steel at 50 yards offhand with no problem. It's seriously accurate.

There is a recall for 22A's in these two serial number ranges: UBW0000 - UBW9999 and UBY0000 - UBY4104 for possible headspace issues. you might check yours.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My son, son-in-law, and I all have one. Theirs work very well. Mine is seriously unreliable. I get a lot of light strikes that won't set the round off. I sent it back to S&W, three months later they sent it back with a scratch under the barrel, but didn't fix the problem. I think the problem with mine is the "no magazine safety". If I push up on the magazine while shooting, it will work every time. But that makes for an awkward shooting position. I tried putting some JB weld on the magazine where it pushes up against the release, hasn't helped. I suppose I need to just put a shim or something to just disable the magazine safety.

I also had my one and only hangfire with this gun. I've got a video where you can hear the hammer fall, and about two seconds later hear the shot.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I also had my one and only hangfire with this gun. I've got a video where you can hear the hammer fall, and about two seconds later hear the shot.

The hang-fire you had is an ammunition problem not a firearm issue. The other issue's your having with her should be handled by S&W since they have a life time warranty on their guns. If they can't fix it I would demand my money back or a replacement firearm.

Latest posts

Top Bottom