....And the wait begins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I've been saying I'm going to do it for years now and I finally did it. I applied for the New Mexico Elk Archery Hunt. This is the first out of state hunt I've ever applied for.

From what I understand my chances are very slim for getting draw, but if I do get drawn it should be an awesome hunt.

Now I just have to wait til June 8th to see what happens. :popcorn:

Anyone else put in for out of state tags this year?

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This will be my 10th year to apply to the NM draw hunts. Unfortunately NM just voted to cut the NR nonguided tags in half next season, so your odds will most likely be twice as good as next year.

I absolutely love hunting in NM

What units you looking to draw?

sesh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went on the muzzleloader hunt in Unit 34 last year. Came home empty, we were in elk almost every day just couldn't get one to show it's vitals. That's too bad they're cutting the unguided tag numbers but if anyone needs some contacts on outfitters I meet a few over there that weren't horrible on their prices. This year I put in for Montana for mulies and I'll be putting in for Colorado over the next week for elk.

Latest posts

Top Bottom