Anderson AR 15 Lower Receivers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tou860

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am thinking about purchasing some more AR-15 lowers before the new presidential campaign hits, just wondering on everyone opinion of Anderson AR 15 lower receivers (quality, fit, experiences). I did some research on the web and there are some mixed reviews but I think it just personal opinion. I mean for about $50 for a stripped lower that's a bargain! For lower part kits I am thinking Fat Boy Tactical 3.5lb and BCM low parts kit for the other one. Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Glock_21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never had an issue with any of the Anderson uppers or lowers that I have used. The AR snobs look down on them but they work just as well as any comparable piece. Rollmarks matter to some. Me, I just want it to work and be reliable. If I can get reliable for 50 bucks vs 200 bucks then I know which direction I will go.

Just my 2 cents, YMMV.

tou860

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never had an issue with any of the Anderson uppers or lowers that I have used. The AR snobs look down on them but they work just as well as any comparable piece. Rollmarks matter to some. Me, I just want it to work and be reliable. If I can get reliable for 50 bucks vs 200 bucks then I know which direction I will go.

Just my 2 cents, YMMV.

I completely agree, I just want it to be reliable and work. I have PSA lowers and they work great but pricing has increased on some of their stuff so I am thinking I need to buy soon just in case.

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What some see as snobbery is actually a position based on facts rather than feelings and isolated experiences. When someone says "they work just as well as any comparable piece" you have to look at that entire statement. Yes, Anderson products will work just as well as a Palmetto product. They will not work just as well as a BCM, SOLGW, etc. YMMV is truer than you know. If you want something better than hobby grade, try Aero precision.

tou860

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What some see as snobbery is actually a position based on facts rather than feelings and isolated experiences. When someone says "they work just as well as any comparable piece" you have to look at that entire statement. Yes, Anderson products will work just as well as a Palmetto product. They will not work just as well as a BCM, SOLGW, etc. YMMV is truer than you know. If you want something better than hobby grade, try Aero precision.

I have been looking at Aero also.

Permanent37

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All my guns are built on them, everything you need and nothing you don't. Made the same way to the same specs as every other forged lower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Permanent37

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160914_03d2e62a3b2af3dd9be1673089501b7c.jpg

Most recent build was on Anderson upper, lower, and BCG. Zero issues with the first 500+ rounds.
Spend your money where it matters like barrel, trigger, optics, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

LMAO, hobby build... You realize what a lower does right? All lowers do the exact same thing, some are just more pretty or ambidextrous. I bought a bunch of Andersons from Fatboys when they were cheap and all work fine. I also have $300 Noveske lowers other than being more pretty and having a sweet cross on them they do the same thing. After the fifth AR pretty don't matter, it's all function.

tou860

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LMAO, hobby build... You realize what a lower does right? All lowers do the exact same thing, some are just more pretty or ambidextrous. I bought a bunch of Andersons from Fatboys when they were cheap and all work fine. I also have $300 Noveske lowers other than being more pretty and having a sweet cross on them they do the same thing. After the fifth AR pretty don't matter, it's all function.

That's what I am saying, I need to make a visit to Fat Boy Tactical they are not far. Functionality and reliability and price point is what matters to me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom