Anderson AR 15 Lower Receivers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Permanent37

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am still searching, but if it functions as a AR 15 lower receiver, I rather save my money for a red dot/scope, sights, and accessories. I want to build an M4 lookalike and then I want to have a 18 inch SPR type. Then the rest of the money is all going towards ammo! I need to go check out Fat Boy Tactical sometime in the next week or so and then go have a range day and report back. I am still waiting on some parts for my AR Pistol.

I have built 3 guns on Anderson lowers and with other various parts. They have all assembled easily and functioned just as well as guns I've put together with lowers costing double or triple the price. If your gun is built on a high end lower you will get a nicer finish, less noticeable machining marks, and a bit more street cred but thats about it. The most recent Anderson lower is the first I have built and not had cerakoted so I will report back on how the finish holds up but my guess is not very well.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I thought the $40 lowers were "blems" to begin with?

I've had a couple issues with them. So far nothing I couldn't get working - like FCG pin holes - but issues that had to be addressed to get the lower together.

My last lower I built was on a Spike's Spartan lower (no "spider") because I am going to SBR it, and figured it was worth a few bucks extra for nicer finish for a permanent lower. I wanted an Aero, but they were out of stock everywhere at the time.

tou860

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought the $40 lowers were "blems" to begin with?

I've had a couple issues with them. So far nothing I couldn't get working - like FCG pin holes - but issues that had to be addressed to get the lower together.

My last lower I built was on a Spike's Spartan lower (no "spider") because I am going to SBR it, and figured it was worth a few bucks extra for nicer finish for a permanent lower. I wanted an Aero, but they were out of stock everywhere at the time.

I like Spikes but its pricey for a stripped lower I seenprices anywhere from $89 to $120 from various websites. Thats why I went with Palmetto, I need to get my hands on an Aero. If I do get a Spikes I would like the punisher or skull bone head to be different.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I also like the integrated trigger guard lowers. I hate installing the pin. I always cringe when driving that one in, even though it's properly supported. I've never broken off an ear on a lower (knock on wood), but I know it's possible.
Squeeze it in with pliars covered in duct tape vs hammering it in.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What ever. Its a matter of doing it right, and observing that the pin is in alignment visually while pressing slowly.
Go ahead and hammer the **** out of it if that makes one feel good. I'll squeeze mine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom