Anderson AR 15 Lower Receivers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock_21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What ever. Its a matter of doing it right, and observing that the pin is in alignment visually while pressing slowly.
Go ahead and hammer the **** out of it if that makes one feel good. I'll squeeze mine.

Wow, I guess all the manufacturer's that make jigs and blocks for supporting the lower should have consulted Dennis first. Everyone here is well aware that Dennis is ALWAYS right.

I'm curious though, if both sides are covered by the duct taped jaws of the pliers, how are you supposed to observe the alignment of the pin?

S2king

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
image.jpeg
Freshly built with Anderson lower ...no issue whatsoever !!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow, I guess all the manufacturer's that make jigs and blocks for supporting the lower should have consulted Dennis first. Everyone here is well aware that Dennis is ALWAYS right.

I'm curious though, if both sides are covered by the duct taped jaws of the pliers, how are you supposed to observe the alignment of the pin?
Thanks for the kind words. When did it become illegal to offer one's opinion with a build? Just because somebody has a different method they prefer, does that make it wrong in your world? It's your way or the highway right?
I don't have any of the store bought fancy blocks, etc. They might make things more convenient for those that like to hammer guns together, but I take a different path with my home made tooling that works just fine for me. Over 20 years working in machine shops taught me a few things about building my own tooling and how to assemble things without a hammer. 2 lathes, a mill, drill press, band saw, 55 ton hydraulic press and assorted grinders and belt sanders provide everything I need to build tooling for proper support.
I don't get your comment about using duct tape on the jaws of the pliars to press the pin in. That's pretty much standard gun smithing 101 to prevent marring and scratching the firearm if one slips.

Glock_21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What ever. Its a matter of doing it right, and observing that the pin is in alignment visually while pressing slowly.
Go ahead and hammer the **** out of it if that makes one feel good. I'll squeeze mine.

Thanks for the kind words. When did it become illegal to offer one's opinion with a build? Just because somebody has a different method they prefer, does that make it wrong in your world? It's your way or the highway right?
I don't have any of the store bought fancy blocks, etc. They might make things more convenient for those that like to hammer guns together, but I take a different path with my home made tooling that works just fine for me. Over 20 years working in machine shops taught me a few things about building my own tooling and how to assemble things without a hammer. 2 lathes, a mill, drill press, band saw, 55 ton hydraulic press and assorted grinders and belt sanders provide everything I need to build tooling for proper support.
I don't get your comment about using duct tape on the jaws of the pliars to press the pin in. That's pretty much standard gun smithing 101 to prevent marring and scratching the firearm if one slips.

Do you even read what you post from one response to the next? Do you realize how comical it is when you contradict yourself?

The latest response is so predictable. A comment about multiple years of experience or skills, along with a list of tools or equipment owned or operated. The only thing missing from this one is a name drop about your interaction with someone famous or notable in the industry.

Latest posts

Top Bottom