Ankle holster

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jandreski

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
is your j frame light weight, I have a couple holsters kydex and fabric, but with my nickel J frame it is too too heavy, i have a titanium J frame and it is too heavy depends what you plan to do with it. May I recomend polling the police all of my friends that are Peace Officers carry either a J frame in an ankle or a keltec/lcr also i do not recall what brand they are but imho they both stink. Just didnt want you to spend a bunch of money on a quality holster only to find out that youll never want to wear it.

english kanigit

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are going to carry a J frame on your ankle do yourself a favor and track down a Galco Ankle Glove, preferably one without the retention snap.

Best ankle holster, period.

Ankle holsters work best with lightweight guns but the steel ones can be used if needed.

Ek

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^^ I disagree.

Renegade "Cozy Buddy" if you don't want a retention strap.

I wear the model 55 (I think) with my J-frame. It has positive retention via a strap that goes around the rear of the trigger guard. I have been in foot chases with it and NEVER had it come loose. Even after two years, I can lay on my back and kick my feet and it stays in place.

Because the retention strap is behind the trigger guard, it makes it REALLY easy to draw.

Very comfortable, I can by all means wear it all day and not even notice.

tm8634

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^^ I disagree.

Renegade "Cozy Buddy" if you don't want a retention strap.

I wear the model 55 (I think) with my J-frame. It has positive retention via a strap that goes around the rear of the trigger guard. I have been in foot chases with it and NEVER had it come loose. Even after two years, I can lay on my back and kick my feet and it stays in place.

Because the retention strap is behind the trigger guard, it makes it REALLY easy to draw.

Very comfortable, I can by all means wear it all day and not even notice.

on both ankles???:D

veteran

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everytime I think of getting an ankle holster Im remembered of the Food Pyramid armed robbery at 51st and Memorial where the guy wearing an ankle hoster cant get his gun out and the robber sees him and races over to take him hostage.

Needless to say the guy went about drawing from the holster all wrong.. but still..

http://www.tulsaworld.com/webextra/content/2008/armed_robbery/default.aspx

You have to click on the play button to get it to play...

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Everytime I think of getting an ankle holster Im remembered of the Food Pyramid armed robbery at 51st and Memorial where the guy wearing an ankle hoster cant get his gun out and the robber sees him and races over to take him hostage.

Needless to say the guy went about drawing from the holster all wrong.. but still..

http://www.tulsaworld.com/webextra/content/2008/armed_robbery/default.aspx

You have to click on the play button to get it to play...

thats a good argument against ankle carry, presonally i think its too hard to get to your gun that way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom