Another El Paso Saddlery "Pocket Max" holster...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since I seemed to have started all this mess :) I will chime in again. I have been carrying this holster for a while and usually in cargo shorts or jeans. Sure, if you know there is a pistol in there it will look like a pistol but I this holster is as good as any leather holster I have seen or touched.

What seems to "print" more than the holster (to me) is the grips of the revolver. if the grips were a little more rounded or less conspicuous I think it would be better concealed. the rest of the revolver just looks like a clump of stuff in my pocket.

If you wear dress slacks or a uniform most of the time, go with a Destantis nemesis.

BC

That's what I had to do. I just couldn't deal with the printing.

I shoulda never sold/traded my Milt Sparks PCH-R. :grumble:

Now THAT was an awesome holster! I'm hoping this one from Tim Thurner over at www.ttgunleather.com I have on order will come close. It's a rather close facsimile of the Sparks holster, that's fo sho! :w000t:

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure if you are going to like that one much better. Leather=stiffer=more printing.

Give us a report if you get one

BC

Yes, it is stiffer leather, but it is curved to the contours of your thigh. The Milt Sparks I had didn't even bulge that much in the pocket. It was the perfect shape to go undetected.

The only reason I got rid of it was because the model 442 I had in it had one of those damned zits on it and I traded it for another damned ol' Glock.

I should have at least kept the holster, but I let it go too. :pissed:

I have no idea what that means. What does it mean GED?

Meaning the holster was wet molded around the contours and crevices of the revolver for a perfectly snug fit. The holster itself was a silky smooth draw, held the little J without ANY movement whatsoever and was a beautiful piece of hide. I was so impressed by it, I'm considering buying an OWB holster from the EPS guys. I've never owned any of their work before. They put out some good stuff! :thumb:

If I could wear jeans or shorts to work, I would love this holster. It just sticks out like a sore thumb in my uniform pants that I wear damn near 6 days a week. :rolleyes2

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is probably a good idea in a pocket holster

BC

Yeah...I thought so too. :)

It is also COMPLETELY flat on the outward side and precisely boned on the inner side.

I'm tellin' ya...it's the best I've ever had.

I just hope Tim's is just as good. If not, I'll be sending it back for a refund.

Something you can't do with just anybody...Milt Sparks included, but you can with TT Gunleather.

Of course, I don't think many folks send stuff back to Sparks. :rolleyes2

Latest posts

Top Bottom