Another fine UPS delivery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just gotta gripe about the UPS for their fine delivery. I ordered a Viridian laser for a customer and the shipper included their catalog, which is one of the larger heavier ones, in the box.

When I get home the box has a huge tear from each corner up to the middle which had been taped but the top of the box was still gaping open. My catalog and invoice wasn't in the box, but another invoice from Family Dollar in Geary was, it appears the laser is ok.

Called the shipper and they couldn't have been nicer, but the good ol folks from OOPS could give a flying crap.

They imformed me I'd have to go through the shipper for any imformation and then the ol hide I was talking to hung up on me. But this was after I had had enough of her just reading the same ol crap out of the training manual and after I asked to talk to her boss.

Just had to gripe but I know I'm not the only one it's happend to.

hunter 966, out

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dealt with the same thing not too long ago. Package never showed, the usual driver was on vacation and his replacement could care less. Was leaving packages and not even knocking. One disappeared, not surprising since it would have had a big "NewEgg" logo on the box. Filed a claim and guess who investigates it, the guy who screwed up in the first place. They denied the claim. Bad thing is that I was in Phoenix house sitting when the investigation was supposed to happen and my wife took the passive wait and see what is going to happen route.

Got home and started raising a stink, contacted NewEgg as well and since I used Google's little guarantee service they ended up making an exception and sending a replacement out. When I asked UPS for the details on the investigation they could not provide them, pretty much said I had to contact the shipper. NewEgg said I had to get it from UPS as they didn't get anything unless they are the ones to initiate the investigation. After forwarding each conversation to the opposite side things started to get fixed. If they hadn't my next step was to contact the credit card company. My usual driver was back when the replacement came out and he flat out said that they are not allowed to leave packages at a door with an apartment complex. It has to be accepted by a person or left in the office.

I generally prefer UPS to FedEx or the USPS for stuff when the usual route driver is working. He gets to the door, knocks and waits till a package is signed for. Sadly it seems that doing the job is few and far between anymore. If I had a house it wouldn't be such a big deal but it's a pain to set a camera outside at an apartment and it seems there is a klepto or two around.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I understand, I was expecting some cushions and I was watching UPS and they were keeping me posted on shipment, delivery etc. When they said it was out for delivery, I knew I'd receive the packages that particular day and when UPS delivers, they post the notice to my email. The emails aid it was delivered and on the front porch but I looked out (they sometimes don't ring the doorbell) and nada-no packages. So I get in the car and drive down the street and sure enough, two huge boxes were on someone else's porch so I go and pick them up and take them home. I called to complain but I'm certain the complaint fell on deaf ears...

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just gotta gripe about the UPS for their fine delivery. I ordered a Viridian laser for a customer and the shipper included their catalog, which is one of the larger heavier ones, in the box.

When I get home the box has a huge tear from each corner up to the middle which had been taped but the top of the box was still gaping open. My catalog and invoice wasn't in the box, but another invoice from Family Dollar in Geary was, it appears the laser is ok.

Called the shipper and they couldn't have been nicer, but the good ol folks from OOPS could give a flying crap.

They imformed me I'd have to go through the shipper for any imformation and then the ol hide I was talking to hung up on me. But this was after I had had enough of her just reading the same ol crap out of the training manual and after I asked to talk to her boss.

Just had to gripe but I know I'm not the only one it's happend to.

hunter 966, out

sounds like they need to pack their packages a whole lot better

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I understand, I was expecting some cushions and I was watching UPS and they were keeping me posted on shipment, delivery etc. When they said it was out for delivery, I knew I'd receive the packages that particular day and when UPS delivers, they post the notice to my email. The emails aid it was delivered and on the front porch but I looked out (they sometimes don't ring the doorbell) and nada-no packages. So I get in the car and drive down the street and sure enough, two huge boxes were on someone else's porch so I go and pick them up and take them home. I called to complain but I'm certain the complaint fell on deaf ears...

well, with a 175 deliveries... some human might make a mistake.... and still make 99% of their deliveries

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Accidents happenI admit, but when a huge catalog and invoice fall out and then they stuff a Family Dollar invoice in my box to me thats stupidity.

They could have read the invoices and looked at the names on the boxes, repacked accordingly, then taped the box back properly instead of the crappy half baked way they did it.

There are no excuses except stupidity or not giving a crap about doing a good job.

oldkar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I order radiators online , I was talking to the mfg after several damaged units arrived , they stated ups, oops, was their best customer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom