Another fricking poll: who won the GOP debate?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who had the best argument in tonight's debate?

• Romney

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Paul

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Santorum

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Gingrich

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • John King

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They all suck

Votes: 14 35.0%

• Total voters

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't even watch the debates anymore. I mean, who cares? By now, people should know where the candidates stand, and which one is closer to their beliefs. Whoever "wins" scheduled arguments shouldn't make much difference. If people are waffling and changing their mind now because "Newt said this" or "Santorum dogged Romney", they're pretty shallow and have a weak belief system. The fact that the polls change after every debate just shows how shallow most voters really are.

As for abortion, my beef lies more with the male participant in the act that started the whole thing: where is his say in it? She has a right to her body, but shouldn't he have a right to say whether his baby (half his) is terminated or not? Remember, it always takes two when it comes to supporting that child for 18 years (providing she wants the child). Why shouldn't it take two to decide if it should be chopped up and sucked out? He gets no say either way. If the law requires equal participation in providing for the child's welfare then it should provide for the equal participation in the decision if it should live or die in the first place.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a Christian nation. If a woman has an abortion, the doctor should have to pay her husband whatever he and the court decides.
Abortion has nothing to do with whether we are a Christian nation or not. It has to do with the government paying for the denial of the right to life of a very select part of our society.
It is also about hypocrisy, since someone who kills a pregnant mother will be charged with two murders typically. Murder of an unborn baby is heinous, but abortion is OK and even justified?
The women want choice but the child gets none. Now that's from a libertarian perspective, not from a Santorum perspective.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I watched about 25 mins earlier on the web and got so bored with everyone saying the same things and blatantly sucking up just to South Carolinians I had to turn it off.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When you guys grow a uterus you can do whatever you like with it, how's that?

I'm not going to take any sides on this issue, and the Republican party should not either. Dems may believe in the right to life, but they don't base a run to the highest office in the world on it.

Thanks Dennis. It's stupid that abortion is still even brought up in politics. Roe v Wade stands and it's not going anywhere. The only reason people bring it up is to show "the character" they have to their voters. It's asinine.

And I'm still amazed that so-called small government people would want to live in a country with a government powerful enough to put a gun to a free woman's head and force her to carry a pregnancy to full-term. If you don't like abortions then don't get one, and marry someone with the same beliefs as you. Then you're set.

Latest posts

Top Bottom