Another new Glock Owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angsniper

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
What about issues with shooting lead or reloads thru the factory barrel? I've heard the rifling will build up with lead and the unsupported chamber will trash your brass.
Someone please enlighten me.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glock will not warranty any gun that has had reloads shot in it. Factory only. A lot of shooters buy a Lone Wolf barrel just so they can shoot lead bullets. Lone Wolf's website has a disclaimer on it that says shooting reloads will void their warranty.

Older model 22's had a problem with an unsupported chamber. All of them are unsupported to a certain degree. I'm also guilty of using reloads in my Glock's. The Lee sizing die removes the infamous "Glock bulge" with no problems.

The only changes I make to my Glock's is a fiber optic front sight and an Aero-Tek slide release lever. Some like the 3.5 connectors, but Glock does not stand behind them if they are used in any other gun than their competition models.

O

OzzieBlue

What about issues with shooting lead or reloads thru the factory barrel? I've heard the rifling will build up with lead and the unsupported chamber will trash your brass.

I researched this topic thoroughly before I made the buy. I don't currently reload, but expect to do so in the near future (I'm shopping for a press even as we speak). As I understand it, using a full length resizing die pretty much fixes the issue of "Glocked Brass". Regardless, I probably won't put reloaded rounds through the factory barrel. I DO feel comfortable feeding them to the aftermarket barrel. Also, I probably won't use naked lead...I'll stick to jacketed rounds.

O

OzzieBlue

Lonewolf also claims that their barrels "fully support" the round and thus eliminate the "glocked brass" issue. I have seen discussions (elsewhere on the net) about using the Lonewolf replacement barrel in .40 caliber to address the problem with Glocks bulging the brass. The problem, as I see it, is that the lonewolf .40 replacement barrel is a "match grade" barrel, so the tolerance is closer when cambering the round. Thus, it might cause FTF issues with the reloads. The Glock was designed with a bit of "slop" so that it would feed reliably with any ammo, so it seems the match grade barrel would defeat the design to some degree.

O

OzzieBlue

Just wanted to thank everyone for your input. It seems the consensus is "just leave it stock and shoot hell out of it"! So that's what I'm doing (at least for now). Gonna quit staring at OSA forums and go make some noise at the range...C'Ya!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom