Another Ruger 10/22 question...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, mine is the carbine length too. You wanna sell it? What kind of condition is it in? Whatcha want for it?

Yes, I would part with it. I am not real sure about the condition of it. I bought the gun from my son and never shot it until after I changed the stock. I will look at it.

It isn't perfect. It has a couple scratches and a ding or two. It has a little darker stain than the other two wood stocked 10/22s I have owned. I will try and post some pics.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm seriously thinking about just slapping a rail on top and buying a cheap reflex sight.

But then again...I really want D.J. to learn how to use iron sights instead of being dependent on a scope. Is that silly? I know I never used a scope on a .22 rifle when I was growing up.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Doing anything more than fixing the rear sight would be an injustice to the history of the rifle. Kinda like making a worn out retired construction worker get a manicure because his hands and nails are rough.

If the rifle shoots straight and reliable, fix the sight and allow your daughter to continue the history of the rifle. Let her put a few "beauty marks" on it and she can tell her story to her kids when she allows them to get their "feet wet" on their first 10/22...

Just step back and remember the feeling you had when you first held it in your hands, would you have felt the same way if it was just another 10/22 without all the "experience"? I imagine not.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well...yeah...I would if this carbine's "character" was established by myself or perhaps Chig's grandpa or somebody, but I bought this rifle thataway. So really all it's beauty marks have absolutely zero sintemental value to me.

Oh sure there's no doubt that this little feller could tell some tales but I doubt that they would be that significant to me or D.J.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Well...yeah...I would if this carbine's "character" was established by myself or perhaps Chig's grandpa or somebody, but I bought this rifle thataway. So really all it's beauty marks have absolutely zero sintemental value to me.

Oh sure there's no doubt that this little feller could tell some tales but I doubt that they would be that significant to me or D.J.

You definitely have a point. I guess I get too caught up in history and forget not everything is cherished as much as others. 10 years ago I started carrying a 1890 Morgan Silver Dollar and a 1860 Seated Half Dollar in my pocket every day. When I received them they were well worn. My kids got a kick out of trying to figure out what the history of the coins were. We looked up the price of whiskey, bath and a room during those time periods and wondered how many times those coins were slapped down on a bar with the words "give me some whiskey, bar keep" in our best John Wayne impression. It also sparked interest in my kids enough to sit through more than a couple of old westerns because they were using the same coins their daddy had.

Both my boys now carry coins from the 1800s everyday in their pockets and my daughter still drops buffalo nickles in the hallways of her school to spark interest in history.

If you decide to upgrade the little 10/22, keep me in mind for the worn out parts that are replaced.

Latest posts

Top Bottom