Antelope Pictures????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys do know that anyone can buy an archery tag over the counter this year for pronghorns - provided you can get written landowner permission.

Not sure whether it's (a) like elk where you have to HAVE the written landowner permission in hand to buy the tag, like you do with elk, or (b) you just buy the tag first, but then to HUNT, you have to possess written landowner permission -anyone know?

Nice job to "the man". :)

I haven't found anything in the regulations that says you have to have landowner permission to purchase a tag. You do have to have written permission on your person at all times while hunting on private land. There is public land (Rita Blanca National Grassland) available for archery antelope hunting. I feel like the 13 day season is going to be like Christmas Eve shopping at the mall, it might be a little crowded. My landowner contact has said that the last week he has been inquired for permission a few times a day.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't I already have a tag in my pocket since I have a lifetime license?

Yes lifetime license holders are exempt from the purchase of an antelope tag. Upon harvest your license number and name must be attached to the animal. I have something very similar to a dog tag that I made for myself and some friends. I use them for deer season.

Latest posts

Top Bottom