any .204 fans here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leadlobber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm old school bolt gun guy .... thinking bout Savage m12 LR left port
Friend was putting pdogs down with his ... less drop or wind deflection
than my .223

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a 204 in AR platform. I love it. Like you said, less windage and less drop than a 223. I love it in AR platform. Bolt gun accuracy in semi auto.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My buddy built an AR in .204 using Billet upper and lower with everything else JP parts. Shoots pretty good.
He did like every other gun he buys/builds.
Buys a thousand rounds of bullets/brass/powder/dies, and accessory's, then puts it in the safe to never be seen again.

Off to the next build.

kansas45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My buddy built an AR in .204 using Billet upper and lower with everything else JP parts. Shoots pretty good.
He did like every other gun he buys/builds.
Buys a thousand rounds of bullets/brass/powder/dies, and accessory's, then puts it in the safe to never be seen again.

Off to the next build.

I know people like that.

Strange, ain't it? :screwy:

ultimatesooner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got a ruger 204 hawkeye in the laminate I actually won from foxpro. Probably wouldn't have been the next gun I bought but I love it so far, shot my 1st 100 yard group in the new wishire range and ive got it almost an inch high with about a 3/4" group which should be dead on at 200 according to the ballistics on the hornady factory ammo. Pretty proud of the grouping for an amateur like myself ill post a pic later

Cant wait to fire this setup at some coyotes and bobcats

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a Savage target in .204, has the single shot action (No mag well) very stiff, heavy varmint barrel and way better accuracy than I am capable of at my age. Love it. Turns coyotes wrong side out. About 38 grain bullets are its maximum weight before accuracy starts falling off. 35 grainers are in the groove...

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like mine. Perfect for prarie dawgs. Leaves a little performance for coyote. I think sub .224" calibers are too small for coyotes. I've killed them with my .204 and .17 hornet but would rather shoot something bigger.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

Leadlobber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hear you there ok'bass... 1 option I am looking at is the .20 practical .
If I could find a Savage model 10 at the right price ....than do a
barrel swap....

Latest posts

Top Bottom