Any car audio folks on here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since this thread seems to be reopened, I just put 4 6.5" kickers in my new Elantra. Better than what was in there, but now I have to look at amps and a sub. Thinking a 5 channel with maybe a 10" sub box.
I would do a separate amp for the sub. And a 4 channel amp for the 6,5s. I’d go with a 12 if only going with one sub.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Boy am I out of touch

1646353724444.png

1646353675518.png

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This posting reminded of a clip I watched on a Pioneer SX 1980 stereo receiver. It is the Holy Grail of collectable stereos. I refurbished one for sale on the web was $15K. In 1978 it sold for $1275 new.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Infinity and Polk are very nice on the high end,. But if you want good sound for the money look at Kicker. I've used their stuff for years and never been disappointed.

Plus they are Oklahoma owned and based in Stillwater.
I did not know that! Back many moons ago on my 1997 ford ranger I had pioneer speakers front and rear and a MTX audio 10" sub behind the seat with an 800 watt amp. I honestly do not remember the brand of amp I had. I bought it and the sub at circuit city. That tells you how long ago it was.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was doing SPL comps in my teens and twenties... trophies and plaques all over my garage... never really cared about SQ because I couldn't hear it anyway... just the pressure from the subs.

As far as SQ goes... Focal audio is the best I've ever heard... by far... those Frenchies got it figured out!

Value wise... JL, Soundstream, Pioneer... any of the Chinese stuff is pretty much all the same... just add a quality amp and you'll be set
I have some Morel 6.5 inch I’d put up against any speaker. The Israel made speaker is very popular in Europe also. Nothing low end about them though. Cheapest is 259/ pair an go up to 3400$ a pair😱😱😱

Latest posts

Top Bottom