Any Colt people know....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huckelberry75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I found one today for $575, that also has the factory hammer shroud (pony stamped on RH side). It looks to be in 95+%, with a little bluing wear along the muzzle. The wood grips are in very good condition. Anyone have any thoughts about whether or not it's a good deal?? :scratch::scratch:

I have the itch, and I don't know if I should go with this, or wait on a Smitty Bodyguard. Glock'em Down, I would certainly respect your opinion on this one.

Thanks.

Maybe I should have started a different thread for this one. Sorry, BuddyL.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I found one today for $575, that also has the factory hammer shroud (pony stamped on RH side). It looks to be in 95+%, with a little bluing wear along the muzzle. The wood grips are in very good condition. Anyone have any thoughts about whether or not it's a good deal?? :scratch::scratch:

I have the itch, and I don't know if I should go with this, or wait on a Smitty Bodyguard. Glock'em Down, I would certainly respect your opinion on this one.

Thanks.

Maybe I should have started a different thread for this one. Sorry, BuddyL.

Hmmm...wow. That's a tough call. :scratch:

I'm not really a Colt fan, but I do have a Cobra from 1974. It's a little bigger than a S&W J frame and a little smaller than an S&W K frame. Damn near the perfect size, to be quite honest with you.

Does this DS have the shrouded ejector rod? If so, $575 is a little too much. If it has the open ejector rod and wooden stocks with gold rampant Colt medallions, GO GET IT! :w000t:

But I wouldn't give a dime over five bills. :disappoin

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have some Detective Specials. Two 1949s and a 1969. The '69 is the only one chambered in 38 SPL and I won't run any +P thru it.

The Colt\S&W debate- The Colt gives you one extra round as compared to the Smith J frame. The Colts are really nice pistols but I bet that if you had a Smith and a Colt you would choose to carry the Smith more. I think the biggest reason is the grip. The Colt has a larger grip than the J frame Smith though you can put smaller grips on the later DS. Seems like Colt changed the frame in 66?

BuddyL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay thanks guys, no shooting of +P, I was just wondering because I had some left over from the S&W 442 I sold. I can use them in my SP101.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After typing my earlier reply I remembered my .32 DS needed attention from its last range visit. I gave it a good bath and oil and now it's going to accompany me up to Sonic to get a nice big drink.

FWIW, my .32 DS would be the one I hung onto if I sold the others. This little thing is fun!