Any Early Bronco owners 1966-1977 and my other toys working on

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
These are my current projects:
My 1977 GMC Desert Fox Prototype SBC 400
img.photobucket.com_albums_v382_nmex_Desert_20Fox_santabeau2010036.jpg
Those old 400 small blocks can be a real beast. You have some nice projects.

Navy_chief

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks the Bronco is getting all new floors and new door and pillar post's installed. I am just learning how to do this stuff at the Votech in Chickasha as I dont know crap about body work. The Desert fox (GMC) has scale rust on the frame and needs a good blasting and paint.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm now jealous. My next project is going to be a 1st gen bronco. Unfortunately with second boy due in about a month I don't think it will happen soon.

Growing up my dad had two one was the tan and white. The second was orange with white top. Both had uncut rear fenders. The Orange one had a third tank installed. The 351 that was under the hood necessitated the third tank. I wasn't old enough to care back then. Looking back at pictures I'm a bit upset he doesn't have atleast one still.

He talks about buying another one. I might just have to go in half with him on one.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's one about a quarter mile from my house, next to a shop. I asked the guy last summer about buying it, but it's not his - said he'd ask the owner if he wanted to sell and let me know. Haven't heard a thing since. I might have to knock on his door again in the spring. She's a rough girl, though.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I have been looking for the "right" bronco for over a couple of years now. I have never seen a vehicle that can vary so much in price. Location seems to be the biggest factor in price. Looking for 3 on the tree or 4 speed/granny, 351W or C, and twin stick transfer, body condition doesn't matter that much, niether do the brakes or power steering. I've found three like that in the last year but they're gone within a day and I've missed them all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom